12842: The dreaded "Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken" error

2 replies [Last post]
bipbop
Beginner

I'm trying to install it on Win 7 x64

I get the "Microsoft.VC80.CRT,publicKeyToken" error on install. I have tried installing as Administrator and for all users as suggested in your forums, but with no luck. Deleted everything in the Temp folder. Reg keys 3DD4B149 and 3A83DE76 can't be found in the registry.

But the REAL problem is that I can't make a support request or use the live chat because the form won't accept my phone number!

I'm very frustrated!

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello bigbop,

Thank you very much for your post. I will definitely help you with this issue.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

We are still working on this problem, however, our Expert team suggests to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package. For your x64 OS please use this link.

Most likely the registry keys in question are different on your machine. In order to find out which, we need an .msi installer log. However, prior to deleting any registry keys it is best to analyze the installer log first.

I am very sorry that you could not contact our support team. Please tell me about this issue in more detail, so that I can forward it to our Web team. As a workaround, you can enter any phone number that gets "accepted" and you can ask our support engineer to change it.

Just in case, we have an article with instructions for contacting our Support team, hopefully it can assist you also.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

jrnuke
Beginner

The solution that worked for me is to use "sfc /scannow" command from the command prompt and let Windows update all system files from installation CD, after that installation finished correctly