18129: ATH 2011 (with plus pack) "Operations.." prevent my computer from shutting down HELP

4 replies [Last post]
Helga Baird
Beginner

I have reinstalled Acronis because I was getting error messages in the Event Viewer, which have now disappeared. However, after I do a backup and I try to restart or shut down my Windows 7 computer, I get message that Operations are being performed and the computer will shut down by itself. However, this does not happen and the computer does not shut down (for hours). I have to manually shut it down (and when I log on, I get message that computer had not been shut down properly, etc.). I do not use any schedules and I do not validate. I just back up my system once or twice/months to my second hard drive (I use portable backups as well). How can I get rid off the Operations????? Helga

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Helga,

Thank you for posting. I will do my best to assist you.

At the moment we are still investigating this issue. Do you think you could send us a partition backup of your Windows system so that we can try and reproduce it in our testing lab? I can provide you with ftp details via a private message.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Helga,

I saw your other post about the event viewer problem. After you have used the schedmgr to clean up the tasks, please do other 2 things:
- in c:\programdata\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts (Vista, Win 7) or c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts, delete all the files you have there,
- in ATI, recreate your backup settings. Make sure the default (once a month) validation option is *not* scheduled

See if the problem subsists.

Win 8.1 Pro x64 SSD + Software RAID 0 - ATI 2014 6614

Michael Kenward
Beginner

Still seeing this issue with True Image 2013.

I can probably work out how to prevent it, but it is annoying that the thing defaults to this unacceptable behaviour.

Acronis True Image 2014
Windows 7 SP1 (64-bit & 32-bit) Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

HamishKL
Beginner

I can confirm that this exact issue still occurs with ATI 14.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate.
The issue does not occur every time I shut down the PC, but perhaps about 50% of the time.
I *do* have scheduled daily backups enabled, to a network shared folder. This folder is always available and this is definitely not an issue with access/permissions on the backup destination.

One thing I have noticed is that last time this occurred, I ran the ATI app before shutting down and it said that it was 'checking my backup' or something to that effect. I left it to complete this operation for several hours before shutting down, but it never completed and never seemed to actually be doing anything. The problem occurred immediately after shutting down in this case.

I have captured Procmon logs and an Acronis report, but don't know where to upload/send these to.

Any assistance would be helpful, as I'd like to keep my Acronis scheduled backup instead or resorting to a Windows scheduled task or something.

Hamish

ATI 14.0