20877: On boot: Operation has started. Operation has failed.

4 replies [Last post]
Andrea Botts
Beginner

Whenever I boot up, I get a popup message in the lower right part of my screen that says "Acronis True Image Home - Operation has started." there's a green icon on the popup. Immediately afterward, I get another popup that says "Acronis True Image Home - Operation has failed." It has a red icon. This happens every time.

I can't see anywhere that I've scheduled any kind of backup on bootup. I'm using Acronis Home 2011 on a Windows 7 64-bit desktop.

Any way I can avoid this?

Dean Johnson
Beginner

on boot I also get a pop up window - lower right - red X and "Operation has failed." This is occuring on every boot!
I have not found a way to stop it - even uninstalled Acronis Home 2011.

Acronis support please commit on this problem.

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Move your existing TIB files to a hidden folder on the same disk as they are now,
Uninstall ATI,
Run the cleanup utility here, http://kb.acronis.com/content/14871
Reboot
Reinstall
Recreate your tasks and make sure you check the validation settings under backup options > advanced tab > Validation. In the validation schedule, disable the advanced settings of that schedule.

Win 8.1 Pro x64 SSD + Software RAID 0 - ATI 2014 6614

Jay Joiner
Beginner

According to what I am reading from Acronis users, there is simply a BAD problem with build 6857. Many of those commenting have said they are giving up on this program, dumping it and purchasing another backup utility. I will wait for awhile to see if Acronis publishes a new build that fixes this message, which comes up on every boot. But I won't wait forever. I appreciate Pat's suggestion, and I may give it a try, but I believe the problem simply exists with Acronis. Build 6857 is bad and must be replaced.

J2

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

You see, I don't have this problem on any of the machines I am running or virtual machines. So it is not a general bug. It seems to happen in only certain cases, like the "operations in progress" thing.

Win 8.1 Pro x64 SSD + Software RAID 0 - ATI 2014 6614