21419: "run list is corrupted"

4 replies [Last post]
Charles Brenner
Beginner

Using Acronis True Image Home 2010 build 7,154. Windows 7.

I found another thread on this topic, and following the advice there ran
CHKDSK C: /R
Computer says no problem. (Comment: A little tricky to run -- it objects that it's blocked by someone else using the drive, but it volunteers to be queued for automatic execution on next startup. So I accepted that suggestion, rebooted, and sure enough a BW dot-matrix screen showed it running on startup. Seemed strange that it only ran for a few seconds. Then it reported ok.)

I would like to backup C: ("disk") to my backup medium. This worked fine multiple times recently up until one week ago. Now, I repeatedly get the and error log ending with something like

Operation with partition '2-0' was terminated. |Details:|Run list is corrupted. (0x7001C)| Tag = 0x89D94B01B483E24D

Please advise!

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Charles,

Thank you for posting and welcome to our Forum. I will definitely help you with this issue.

The error message Run list is corrupted usually indicates that there are errors on the disk. Could you get back to me with this report so that I can verify it and provide you with a solution.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Charles Brenner
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Anton. I attach the report.

By the way, does the message "run list corrupted" refer to the drive (C: in my case) being backed up, or to the external drive D: where my backups are stored?

Charles

AttachmentSize
report.txt 224.37 KB
Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Charles,

Thank you for replying with the report.

If, like you wrote, the chkdsk operation ran for a few seconds most likely it never completed ok. Please try running it again and you can refer to either this or this KB article for reference. Chkdsk with the /r parameter should take at least an hour to run.

The message run list is corrupted refers to the partition where your OS is installed, on the second partition. The first partition is most likely your factory default partition.

After running checkdisk please run the backup and if it still fails, please use this article and download Acronis SnapApi drivers update (586).

If you need additional help please let me know.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Charles Brenner
Beginner

That did the trick. CHKDSK reported repairing several things (took a while but < 1 hour -- thanks to solid state drive I guess) and the backup then worked ok. Thanks.