22180: Acronis True Image Home 2011 hangs when "Disk and Partition Backup" is clicked

3 replies [Last post]
LoneWolf
Beginner

System details:

Lenovo ThinkPad T420, Core i5-2520M with 8GB of RAM
Intel 310 "Soda Creek" 80GB mSATA SSD (C: drive and Bitlocker-partitioned D: drive, locked, I only unlock it when I need to)
Western Digital Scorpio Black 500GB (D: drive)
Adaptec External USB<->IDE enclosure with a WD Scorpio Blue 250GB ATA drive (letter F:)

Windows 7 x64 Enterprise Edition (TechNet subscription), SP1 integrated

I just did my first install (on this system) of the latest version of Acronis TrueImage 2011 and the Plus Pack, using the latest 6857 build. My aim was to back up the external USB drive to a file (it is reporting SMART errors in its parent computer but is so far functioning fine, no clicking or other indicators), and then restore that backup to another identical drive.

I open up Acronis TI 2011, and click "Disk and Partition Backup". At that point, the program hangs, as if it is looking for something. It does not lock the entire PC; I can operate other apps, but it does not respond, it just stays on Windows 7's "blue circle" cursor.

LoneWolf
Beginner

Problem solved (facepalm). It appears Acronis doesn't like locked Bitlocker partitions, and hangs trying to figure them out.

Note to Acronis: I would suggest building a feature in that would skip over a locked Bitlocker partition if one is detected, or at least prompt the user what to do.

Gerhard Sauer
Beginner

same issue here

a feature to recognize bitlocker for coming versions would be nice

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello LoneWolf and Gerhard,

Thank you for your messages and your valuable feedback.

I will forward it to our Customer Listening System and if you have additional questions please let em know.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.