23328: Acronis True Image 9.0 on Windows 7?

3 replies [Last post]
Pat Willener
Beginner

My old Windows XP machine, on which I used Acronis True Image 9.0, finally died on me.

I replaced it with a 64-bit Windows 7 system, which works very well.

I tried to install Acronis True Image 9.0 on it, to rescue some files from the old HD.

When the installation was about to complete, Windows complained that an application was trying to install unsigned drivers, which it would not allow.

Upon restart Windows could not start, and did some "repairs" - it appears as if it did a System Restore; Acronis True Image was gone after the repairs were completed.

So my question: is there a way to instal True Image 9 on Windows 7, or do I need the latest version? And if I get the latest version, can I use it to extract data from old archives (.tib file)?

Mark Wharton
Mark Wharton's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Pat:

TI 9 won't install on Windows 7, but you could run it from the boot CD to recover files from the old HD.

The latest version of TI, version 2011, is compatible with Windows 7 and you can use it to extract data from version 9 .tib files.

Acronis TI 10, TI 2011, TI 2013, DD 10, DD 11 user
Amateur Radio K0LO

Rogman
Beginner

If you are talking about ATI 2009, it does install on Win7 (64bit at least) - I am using it on a new system where I had to install it from scratch.

Michael Natal
Beginner

I realize the prior posts are over a year old now, but for the benefit of future searchers:

Similar to Pat, I had a Windows XP system that died and did a custom (i.e., clean, from scratch) install of Windows 7 (64-bit). I reinstalled True Image Home 2009 from the original DVD and encountered no errors, and the software seems to be working fine. I restored all my data from my XP system without any trouble, and am performing backups now. Then only thing I have not tried yet is restoring a cloned image, but given how well TIH9 has been working so far, I don't expect any trouble.