23860: i need to reboot vista in order to run arconis!?

10 replies [Last post]
John Giatrakis
Beginner

Arconis true image home 2011 build 6868 runs in Vista 64 ultimate and i can build image of disk but if I close the application and try to run it 2-3 times in a raw it doesn’t run! The strange is no error generated and no report in events logs! After this happens the only way to start the application is to reboot vista!

The only time it crushed with an error it gave:

Application Error
EventID Qualifiers="0" 1000
Level 2
Task 100
Keywords 0x80000000000000
TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-08-13T23:26:18.000Z"
EventRecordID 7179
Channel Application
Computer Quad
EventData
Data TrueImage.exe
Data 14.0.0.6868
Data 4e08e5ab
Data ti_managers.dll
Data 14.0.0.6868
Data 4e08e06f
Data c0000005
Data 0051500e
Data e38
Data 01cc5a1063ed0e3a

ti_managers.dll i believe generating the problem and I did run the setup, repair just in case a corrupt file or registry was the problem no success in solving the issue.As you understand to keep this software as a reliable service under this strange bug seems impossible.

Also I have attached my complete system report as generated by Arconis true image.

AttachmentSize
acronissystemreport.zip165.31 KB
GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

With this type error, you may need to seek help from Acronis support via live chat or a support ticket.

Just to maker sure you have a good backup, boot from the TI Bootable Media Recovery CD and make a backup of your complete system--all partitions checked.

John Giatrakis
Beginner

There are no errors in my vista (sfc /scannow completed just in case) no errors in the installation of Acronis I always check the event logs for errors after installing something just in case for a minor dll incomparability because I have vista 64bit and raid 0 there is a small possibility of synchronization problem during install may occurred.

I find a way to avoid the reboot by simply opening the task manager and kill all the open processes of Acronis Then I run it and it opens! There for there is a problem in the routine that checking If the application is already running and getting into an endless loop! I I see them running but no screen appears. Possibility of incompatibility with some updates from Microsoft in the c++ run time libraries and the new framework there for you are absolutely right a ticket needed and fix for them in their dll.

I found and another bug I did create a bootable hard disk and I had the image in there I did a quick format in there and now Acronis true image home edition 2011 doesn’t let me to make it bootable again!? The bootable option is gray any ideas how I bypass this problem? I tried to uninstall the program clean the registry (just in case) and install it again but no luck.

dev-anon
dev-anon's picture
Forum Star

IIRC only fat32 disks can be made bootable. If it was originally in FAT32 and you formatted it to NTFS, this option is gone.

John Giatrakis
Beginner

It was NTFS and in here http://kb.acronis.com/content/11373 it says that the osloader can be installed in NTFS partition, i needed to bypass the FAT32 limitations using removable hard disk as storage.

I did Follow your suggestion i did reformat it to Fat32 using format d: /FS:FAT32 from the command line the problem isn't solved I CANT make it bootable ever again even after formating.

Windows can see large FAT32 drives the BIOS may fail but this is another BIG story. The think is do i need to download the Disk Director? I'm telling you i can only make bootable an NTFS hard drive with Acronis home 2011 only once after that the disk gets gray, the option is getting gray also Uninstalling/Reinstalling the application isn't solving the issue and this is BIG FAT BUG.

dev-anon
dev-anon's picture
Forum Star

This is a totally different thing. This

Quote:
I did create a bootable hard disk
has nothing to do with ADD OS Selector in the article 11373.
This - http://kb.acronis.com/content/14740 is the correct one. Or from userguide - 7.2.1.3 - "If you use non-optical media, the media must have a FAT file system."

John Giatrakis
Beginner

I tryed your solution i turn it to FAT32 and it didn't make it bootable 10nx for the help anyway

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

John,
You might want to consider using a prior recent backup and restore your drive C system partition back to before your issues. Then, rerun the TI install program. Restart the install and choose the Repair option. If this is an issue which just started with 6868, consider getting Acronis help or go back to a prior version where this was not an issue.

John Giatrakis
Beginner

Special 10nx Grover When i killed all Acronis processes from the TASK MANAGER i also killed and the Scheduled Task and it stared but gave me an error:

0x0090000B+0x00090045+0x0009FFFF+0x0000FFF0+0x800706BA

I open the services to start Scheduled Task again and i got the backup.

I did send a mail to support and I’m waiting. Are there any 64bits versions of arconis? and Were to download the older versions and try them out?

Ps: Before my issues i did had arconis in my pc! I have some ideas for the Net. framework 3.5, the Kernel driver framework v1.9 and the visual C++ x64 Redistibutable 10.0.30319 new updates that came for Microsoft but is to soon to speack about it.

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

John,
I do not know the solution to your problem but if you are interested, you could update your scheduler.

http://forum.acronis.com/forum/14139?page=2#comment-61667

Have you tried re-installing 6868?

John Giatrakis
Beginner

GrovertH i like to thank you again personally for your devotion to people’s problems in this forum.

I have vista 64 ultimate 5 years now because I have 8 Gbytes ram I have to tell you in order to install this OS in my pc I had to remove 2 DIMMs you see Vista 64 Ultimate didn’t install in a pc with more 4 Gbytes ram I forced to became familiar with the term WAIK, slipstream in order to fix my first vista 64 ultimate DVD, sp1, some updates in order to install in my pc without the need to open the case again. I have also to tell you Before SP2 I wasn’t enable to record using a simple microphone in my pc they added update for 8 Gbytes pc about this bug and My POINT is in 64 bits not even Microsoft made it up yet!!?

I already have N360 Premier Edition and their bootable recovery tool wizard is very easy to boot update the definitions on boot (drivers for the netcard needed) also to add a norton ghost in their iso. They run without issues in my vista. I read about Acronis from many people in the internet so here I’m faster? Yes Reliable Not yet.

I will wait for the support team to read their issues and if they reply to me fine else I have to wait for Acronis 64 bits version to test it for good.