24547: Product Installation Issues

350 replies [Last post]
Dale Nelson
Beginner

Here is my thread I started in the wrong place that I am adding here since it's essentially the same issue. All help is appreciated,

http://forum.acronis.com/forum/31198#comment-96784

Dale Nelson
Beginner

joe Cheng wrote:

Dear Acronis
I try to install Acronis True Image Home 2012 in my pc (Win xp sp3 EN),
But every time install the Acronis ,that just freezing on the installing(http://i.imgur.com/F3mAW.jpg)
It's many many time just same frozen on my pc ,I need restart my pc every time!
I also use ATIH_CleanUp_2012.exe but it's same!
I execute ATIH_CleanUp_2012.exe will show the dos window and then frozen again!!
In my pc no any antiviruses, firewall, backup solutions, etc.
Some body can tell me what's going on ??

Joe, That's what mine did also one of the many times it's froze up. Hopefully I can get mine resolved. Make sure you don't have any seagate or western digital versions of Acronis on your PC as they interfere with installation.

I wonder if I contact support if they're going to charge me since it's the software I purchased from them that isn't working properly? Does anyone know?

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Joe,

I take it you get no error message at all?

Have you had a previous version of True Image installed?

Are there any error messages in Windows Event Manager? To get to Windows Event Manager, you need to right click on My Computer and select 'Manage' from the panel that pops up select 'Events'.

Is your video drive up to date?

Is your XP installation a standard Microsoft one?

You could try extracting the MSI installer and see if installing direct from that works. I'll have to check to see if that can be done with the current build.

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

joe Cheng
Beginner

Hi,Nelson
Thank your help
But my pc is used IBM SCSI disk,No any seagate or western HD,
Your situation just like me....
Did you got any Acronis answer?

joe Cheng
Beginner

Hi Colin
I provide my pc report maybe you can take look these.

And how to do for MSI installer?

AttachmentSize
pc_report.zip 86.61 KB
joe Cheng
Beginner

Dear Colin
I take it you get no error message at all?
A:Only 1 or 2 time will show (https://kb.acronis.com/sites/default/files/content/2012/04/30859/a1302.png)
Another always frozen&frozen in windows.

Have you had a previous version of True Image installed?
A:I never installed other True Image

Are there any error messages in Windows Event Manager?
A:I will check later.

Is your video drive up to date?
you mean video card?It's onboard chip.

Is your XP installation a standard Microsoft one?
A:It's OEM by windows Xp Sp3 EN

I'm download from here (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/)

I also want to install the Acronis Disk Director 11
But always freezing on the installing.....................

Dale Nelson
Beginner

Looking at the times on the threads I realized they're from a different time zone. I imagine tomorrow someone will reply and hopefully give us some answers or something that'll get us close to solving the issue. Being that I'll be home tomorrow I can contact Acronis and I hops they can help me. The more I thought about it this evening I realized I had this problem with different variations but I do remember we deleted some other version of Acronis which I think was Western Digital and Seagate and I was on a roll but no luck using that method. I even used CCleaner and scoured the old Registry Keys and rebooted after deleting the leftovers the CCleaner app found. I have SuperAntiSpyware, CCleaner, NeroExpress Essentials, Speccy and a few other regular everyday common software installations as noted in my Speccy link in my original post which is the thread in Post#251 (top of this page). We'll see what tomorrow brings.

joe Cheng
Beginner

Hi Nelson
I think i found the freezing problem
I used other backup software to backup my scsi hd to new sata hd
And them this WD hd it's my pc primary hd.
I tried again install the Acronis 2012 it's works!!
So i thought it's some bad sector in my SCSI hd that's why i can't install any Acronis products in my pc .
I hope this information can help you.

Best regards

Donald L Herman Jr
Beginner

Ordered a 3-pack of True Image Home 2012 last year but held off installing after reading problems, and 2010 was working fine for me. Tonight the backup failed for the umph time (seems to corrupt the Acronis Secure Zone and the only fix is to delete, recreate, then run backup -- this despite numerous tries for a real fix over the years). So, I tried to load 2012 over 2010. I let it download the newest version (after waiting a while for the download it told me I had the latest version) then installed and it failed -- see attached PDF.

Now the fun part: I am past the 30-day free help period (which I had totally forgotten about, of course) and the Internet link sent me to a "this error code is unknown" page on their site. I tried to go through the web site to contact Customer support, and it would not let me without paying since I am past the free period (even though this is the first time I have installed). What a hoot.

The error is 0x00620002+0x0000FFF0+0x80070643

Any ideas? I did a search on the site and this error code did not come up.

AttachmentSize
install_failure_error_screens.pdf 149.02 KB
Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Donald,

I suggest uninstalling 2010, reboot the PC and then install 2012. If there is a problem with 2010, it is probably better to start from a clean plate so to speak. I would deactivate the SZ if made by 2010 before installing 2012.

I take it you now have build 7119 in regards to 2012. If you haven't got the full installer on your system for this build as you used the auto update, download the complete build from your account.

If you also have the 2010 PlusPack installed make sure you also uninstall this before installing 2012 it will appear in the Windows Add/Remove program list under 'P' not under 'Acronis'.

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

Leonard Will
Beginner

Failure on installing update2 to ATIH 2012 - cannot restore previous version

I have been running Acronis True Image Home 2012 without problems since installing it in December. Today on opening it I received a notification that an update was available, so I chose to install that. It failed with the message that "An error occurred ...".
I tried to open the version that I had been using before the update, but it now also fails.
I tried to reinstall it from the downloaded file ATIH2012_6131_en-EU.exe, but this failed saying that a later version was in place.
I tried to uninstall the current version, using the Acronis uninstaller and "Add or remove programs", but the uninstall reported failure.
After restarting the computer, I tried once more to install from ATIH2012_6131_en-EU.exe, but still failure.
I am now without a working backup system.
On trying to report this to Customer support, it said that I had only versions from 2009 and 2011, so refused to help unless I paid.
Looking at "My account" shows that I do have a paid-for and activated copy of ATIH2012, purchased on 2011-12-21. I have the serial number for this.

I attach the installation log from the latest attempt and a text export of my Windows System Information file, as requested.

What is the next step please? Help!

Leonard Will

AttachmentSize
acronistrueimage.msi_.zip 22 KB
windowssysteminformation.zip 51.31 KB
David Kane
Beginner

Have been running ATI Home 2012 for a while with no problems. Today I received a notice that an upgrade was available (7119). Performed the update which failed with Specified File not found error.

Uninstalled ATI, rebooted, ran ATI 2012 clean up utility, rebooted. Downloaded fresh install of ATI 2012 (7119) from Acronis web site.

Ran the installation package, which failed with the same error message.

Have attached log files and system info file.

Will rollback to prior version (via rollbackrx) until we find a way to safely upgrade to newest version.

Cheers,

David

AttachmentSize
system_info.nfo 1.84 MB
acronistrueimage.msi_.txt 5.73 MB
Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

@David and Leonard,

Extract the MSI installer file from the Acronis wrapper (right click on the Install option and select 'extract') and see if you get any further using the raw install file.

If either of you have the PlusPack installed, uninstall this first.

Colin

Leonard Will
Beginner

Thanks for your help. I was not able to extract the MSI file, but found that the installation completed correctly after I deleted the PlusPack - easy to overlook as it is under P in the windows remove programs list, rather than under A for Acronis.

However on trying to run build 7119 it failed immediately on stating up, with the error "A problem has occurred" and generation of an error log file c9fe_appcompat.txt. This name implies something about "application compatibility" but no clues were given as to what was incompatible with what. I attach it in case anyone wants to investigate - it would be interesting to know.

Some further rummaging around on the Acronis web site led to the "24545: Acronis True Image Home 2012 Cleanup Utility" and running this allowed me to make a clean installation of 7119 which now appears to be running correctly, and it has found my previous backups. I wonder whether the original download of this update caused the mess that had to be cleaned up - if so I hope that it is fixed and that this information will help anyone else who encounters this problem.

AttachmentSize
c9fe_appcompat.txt 68.06 KB
Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Leonard,

Don't forget to download the PlusPack for 7119 if you want to install it.

Colin

Graham Cobley
Beginner

I'm unable to install the latest update, file ATIH2012_7119_en-EU.exe over the top of my registered 6131 version which is working fine.

The error I get is "The file fltsrv_a64.sys on Acronis Storage Filter Management Driver Installation Disk is needed". I then get asked to point to where the file is located.

When I cancel it backs out okay and I can still run the existing software okay (phew).

I don't have the Plus Pack installed.

Any suggestions please?

Ta.

AttachmentSize
acronistrueimage.msi_.txt 5.92 MB
Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

I wonder if the installer file might be corrupted, it might be worth redownloading the installer. Have you tried extracting the MSI as mentioned previously and see if it then install with no problem?

Colin

shadowsports
shadowsports's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Graham Cobley wrote:

I'm unable to install the latest update, file ATIH2012_7119_en-EU.exe over the top of my registered 6131 version which is working fine.

The error I get is "The file fltsrv_a64.sys on Acronis Storage Filter Management Driver Installation Disk is needed". I then get asked to point to where the file is located.

When I cancel it backs out okay and I can still run the existing software okay (phew).

I don't have the Plus Pack installed.

Any suggestions please?

Ta.

Hi Graham & Colin,

Graham, I don't think it would hurt to re-download the new installer file as Colin suggests.

This is what I see in your log. The installer is looking for the file fltsrv_a64.sys which would have been part of the build 6131 installer package. If the file exists it should be here:

C:\Users\Graham\AppData\Local\Temp

If it has been deleted due to housekeeping or maintenance the install will fail. Try performing a repair install of 6131 from Programs & Features. Reboot then run the 7119 over the top again using default settings ( for all users of this computer).

Please post your results.

Sys1: P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 (BIOS 3603), i7-2600k@3.5, 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600+, Corsair TX850w PSU, EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature2, 2x Corsair Force III 120's RAID0 (boot), 1 x Seagate 1T 6GB (data), Win7x64 Ult. Case: HAF 922, ATI 2012 Plus Build #7133. Win8.1 Pro x64 2013 Plus Build #6514, QNAP TS-219P-II NAS - Sys2: P8Z77-V-LE PLUS, i5 3570k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, TX750w PSU, GTX 560Ti DS SC, Intel 520 120GB SSD, 1TB WD Black - Sys3: Surface Pro 2 - Win 8.1 128GB

EricG
Forum Member

Hi

I also had problems updating to the latest Build through the software interface and am considering uninstalling the software and reinstalling it from a downloaded version.
Before I do so, I would like some advice;
a. I started with the 2011 version and then upgraded to the 2012 version. If I remove all trace of the software can I then install the latest Build and use my upgrade Key Code to activate it?
b. Will the backups made using the earlier Build still be usable?

I also use a USB Flash Drive as a bootable media. Can I update this from the Software Interface and will it then overwrite the data?

EricG

Leonard Will
Beginner

When I uninstalled the 2012 version, ran the cleanup utility, and then resinstalled the latest build, it asked for the 2012 serial number and, because that was an upgrade version, it asked for the serial number of the previous, 2011, version too. These numbers should be available to you from the account area on the Acronis web site, if you don't have local copies.

My previous backups were still accessible after this process.

Leonard Will

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

@EricG,

As Leonard said, you will need your previous full version serial number and your 2012 upgrade one, available for download under your Acronis account.

If you have the Plus Pack installed make sure you uninstall this before installing 2012 again.

If you have activated either the Secure Zone, Acronis Startup Manager or Try and Decide - deactivate them before uninstalling.

As far as your last question is concerned, are you using your flash drive as the recvoery media? If you are, then indeed writing the 2012:7119 media builder will overwrite the data on the stick completely.

Colin

919ogd@att.net
Beginner

I have thes same issue as I purchased ATIH 2012 and Plus Pack on 21 Dec 2011. Receive a notice that a new update is available. Tried to install and got to registering modules, installing then rolling back to previous version. Did an Full backup using 2012 version 6131. Tried restoring this backup and got a warning "A Boot is Required". Clicked on "reboot", then got ERROR: "Failed to Activate Acronis Bootable Agent". I cannot even create a "Bootable Image" as I get "ATIH has encountered a problem and needs to close". I have also tried manually installing with failures. I have six (6) products registered with Acronis and my question is this: HOW DO I MANUALLY UNINSTALL "ALL" ACRONIS ATIH 2012 FILES and any other Acronis files in other versions as I want to totally removes any reference to Acronis and then start a new as my system is screwed up because of this latest ATIH 2012 upgrade. I would appreciate a POSITIVE response on total removal. Respectfully, Larry La Flair.

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

919ogd,

Taking in to account my post immediately above yours (#271), you can run the Acronis 2012 cleaner afterwards which you will find here.

If your problem is solely the media builder it is probable that it hasn't been fully overwritten by the latest builds' version.

Colin

919ogd@att.net
Beginner

Colin, thanks for your response and info. I ran the cleaner and reviewed the registry as stated before rebooting. While the shortcut on my desktop was removed, control panel add/remove programs STILL has ATIH 2012 installed. In the Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome are two files:
timounter.dll and ti_managers_proxy_stub.dll. I have done NOTHING to download and try a re-install as I am VERY much "gun shy" about this product. As stated, I have registered six Acronis programs and ever since attempting to upgrade ATIH 2012, it has been a nightmare. More importantly, WHY IN Hell can't Acronis come on line and provide a GENUINE FIX. Everyone should be treated equally, and me with six registered products--ALL currently useless until this situation is satisfactorily resolved.
Larry La Flair

EricG
Forum Member

Hi

Thankyou (and Colin) for the advice. I do have a record of the key codes of all my registered products so uninstalling/reinstalling should be straight forward.

EricG

EricG
Forum Member

EricG wrote:

Hi

Thankyou (and Colin) for the advice. I do have a record of the key codes of all my registered products so uninstalling/reinstalling should be straight forward.

EricG wrote:

Hi

Worked a treat - everything seems OK now. I think I might do any future updates manually rather than through the Software GUI.

EricG

Robert DiGrazia
Beginner

Using Windows XP Home SP3

I have Trueimage Version 11 installed.
I tried to install Version 2012 Home. I did not uninstall Version 11 before installing 2012.
The installation hung. I killed the installation with Task Manager.
I double-clicked on the "Acronis True Image Home 2012" icon on my desktop.
The dialog box "Activating Scheduler Service" appeared.
Then the dialog box "Failed to start scheduler service. Timeout has reached." appeared.
I tried starting Acronis Scheduler2 Service manually. This produced the message "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."
I tried to uninstall Acronis from Add or Remove Programs. This produced an hourglass pointer, but no sign of activity

Clicking on Repair in the Acronis entry in Add or Remove Programs produced the message "Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install."

I booted XP to the latest working configuration, i.e. not to the "normal" boot.
Then I discovered and ran Acronis True Image Home 2012 Cleanup Utility.
It did not remove tdrpman from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters .
I removed tdrpman with regedit.

Add/Remove Programs shows Acronis gone.

Now I have two years of Acronis backup files (which Version 11 has never been able to browse), and I'm wondering whether it is safe to install Version 2012 or re-install Version 11, in case I need to restore something.

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

At this point, it is too difficult to predict the outcome. From outward appearances, you may be clear of TrueImage but you won't know until you try. Just to be safe, I would use the version 11 CD and take a backup of your current situation.

after the new backup, then try to install 2012 again.

Is this 2012 the trial or the purchased version?

If the purchased version, once you register your serial with Acronis, you can also download the bootable media iso and burn it to CD and then use the 2012 CD to create your new backup--before you attempt to install 2012. The trial CD does not have the CD backup function.

919ogd@att.net
Beginner

Thanks to all you folks who have posted here. I believe my situation is solved as far as ridding of TIH 2012 in order to download and install 2009 version 9809. I had to run the 2012 cleaner TWICE and then manually remove anything related to Acronis. After installing TIH 2009, I did a FULL backup manually and scheduled--flawlessly, and created a bootable recovery disk which went smoothly. My dilemma is that I have purchased TIH 2012 with PLUS Package, and need to know if the 2012 upgrade with PLUS is SAFE to upgrade to without the messed-up results I previously had to doing so.
My thought is to remove TIH 2009 completely--is there a cleanup tool for this? After 2009 removal, install the latest version of 2012, then install the PLUS Package. Any EXPERT advice is most appreciated.

Robert DiGrazia
Beginner

Regarding my post of Sat, 2012-05-19 21:06 #277
and GroverH's response Sat, 2012-05-19 21:32 #278

I was trying to install the trial version of Trueimage 2012.

I'm gun shy now, but I might try installing my old version eventually.

Aside: I get the impression the program depends too much on the Windows OS environment. A backup/restore program ought to use minimum OS services. It's tempting to make a snazzy UI, but tangling the core functions with Windows ought to be avoided.

David Taylor
Beginner

I have been watching, lurking on this thread for now 6 months, just started paying attention, thinking MAYBE this company has woke up and started taking care of their Customers.....sadly, seems they still don't care......I earnestly tried to make this thing work.....but after getting blown off by support (like every other Customer here), I moved on........
Been VERY PLEASED since I my leave in November 2011......was never offered a refund, only offer was PAID support to attempt to fix what they know won't / can't work.
ONE WORD: NOVASTAR.....GREAT product, couldn't comment on how thier support is, as I HAVE NEVER NEEDED IT.......product works out of the box, more than fairly priced.....does everything this product was *supposed* to do (and more!)!

http://www.novastor.com/
I am not in the habit of trashing a company like acronis, but seems after watching the same sad/sorry support for over 6mon, was time for me to chime in. BTW, others have offered same answer (novastar) in this same forum......

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

Robert,
In my opinion, the bootable media CD (or flash drive) is the most important part of the TrueImage package. Many users choose not to install into Windows and just use the CD for all backups and restores. Doing so is not quite a convenient as within Windows but it works for most and has very few issues. I always take the time to include a CD created version as part of my backup practices.

If you keep your backups current with the old 11, you can always restore a backup which will put you back in time to when 11 was already installed.

As your 2012 installation botched itself, your best recovery would be to restore one of your v 11 backups.
Afterwards, then you could uninstall v11 before attempting to install the 2012 trial (30 days only).

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

919ogd,
You cannot expect such assurances from the forum. The only way you will know is to try. Not everyone has issues.

Be sure you have a current backup so you have a safety recovery point in case you have issues.

919ogd@att.net
Beginner

Thanks for the information. I was looking for some reassurance as it took me quite a while to where I could use ATIH. As stated, I have ATIH 2009 installed and can do a manual backup with recovery; however, the scheduled backup did not engage--nothing happened and there is no log for this inaction. Am I missing something during the sehedule setup? Any advice?
Thanks,
Larry La Flair

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

Larry,
My suggestion would be to stop using the non-working task and create a new backup task. That action will resolve many issues.

919ogd@att.net
Beginner

Hi Grover,
I tried that procedure without success. I poked around in the Acronis KB, and noticed Acronis Scheduler 467.exe file which I downloaded and installed, and then setup a new schedule which worked flawlessly. I currently have a new schedule for later to see if this still works. If so, I will restore this backup before attempting to download and install TIH 2012 and the 2012 PLUS Package. I'll let all of you know if this is successful or not.
Larry La Flair

Graham Cobley
Beginner

Doing a repair of 6131, rebooting, and then installing the new 7119 update worked.

BTW - I wasn't able to extract the installation files: I right clicked on the install option and pointed to a folder, the software immediately said it'd extracted successfully but there was nothing in the folder?

shadowsports
shadowsports's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Graham Cobley wrote:

Doing a repair of 6131, rebooting, and then installing the new 7119 update worked.

BTW - I wasn't able to extract the installation files: I right clicked on the install option and pointed to a folder, the software immediately said it'd extracted successfully but there was nothing in the folder?

Graham,
I am very pleased to hear this worked for you. It seems the fltsrv_a64.sys file or pointer was found during the 7119 install. Thanks for the follow up.

Sys1: P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 (BIOS 3603), i7-2600k@3.5, 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600+, Corsair TX850w PSU, EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature2, 2x Corsair Force III 120's RAID0 (boot), 1 x Seagate 1T 6GB (data), Win7x64 Ult. Case: HAF 922, ATI 2012 Plus Build #7133. Win8.1 Pro x64 2013 Plus Build #6514, QNAP TS-219P-II NAS - Sys2: P8Z77-V-LE PLUS, i5 3570k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, TX750w PSU, GTX 560Ti DS SC, Intel 520 120GB SSD, 1TB WD Black - Sys3: Surface Pro 2 - Win 8.1 128GB

919ogd@att.net
Beginner

My scheduled FULL Backup of ATIH 2012 worked flawlessly along with restoration and the Rescue Bootable Media Disk. Question: Is it necessary to make a new Rescue Bootable Media Disk after installing the 2012 Plus Package? Looking at the size of the both Bootable Media Disk download files, they appear to be the same size of 278.12 MB. Thanks.
Larry La Flair

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

Larry,
The plain 2012 bootable CD does not have the plus pack features. If you have plus pack installed, then yes, you need to make a new bootable CD after the installation of the plus pack in order to have the bootable CD to include the plus pack features.

Lars Öberg
Beginner

Installing ATIH 2012 build 7119 (released May 14) CRASHES Seagate 3TB Barracuda disk - all data is lost. The reason is that upon installing ATIH 2012 (7119) the Seagate (Acronis) DiscWizard (DW) [or if upgrading, the ATIH 2012 build 6131] is automatically uninstalled. The DW is needed for the Win7 x64 system to recognize the 3TB Seagate Barracuda disk. This installation error has been confirmed twice. Contrary, installing the earlier version of ATIH 2012 (6131) did also uninstall DW but did not crash the 3TB disk (probably by leaving necessary DW files or registry settings untouched, for the 3TB Seagate Barracuda disk to continue being recognized by the system).

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Lars,

Your problem maybe due to the fact your BIOs isn't 3TB ready and requires the TrueImage large drive driver to be installed. This is an option under Utilities with TIH 2012.

Colin

Lars Öberg
Beginner

Colin, thanks for the suggestion. However, it seems I was not clear enough about the main issue at hand.

Win7 x64 machine. Working.
Seagate Barracuda 3TB and Seagate DiscWizard installed. Working.
ATIH 2012 build 6131 full version (purchase) installed and DW is automatically uninstalled. Working.
May 14, an update to ATIH 2012 build 7119 is automatically installed. 3TB disk CRASHES.
1.5 TB data is lost. Disk not accessible. System reports empty unformatted 3TB disk.
ATIH has to be uninstalled before DW is reinstalled. DW makes system recognize 3TB disk again.
The 3TB disk is formatted using DW.
However, I cannot use ATIH to restore recent backups to the 3TB disk, since ATIH 2012 build 7119 is the culprit.

Thus, the main problem is that the automatic update to ATIH 2012 build 7119 impairs the system communication with the Seagate Barracuda 3TB disk. 3TB disk / partitions are reported being empty and disk being unformatted. My opinion is that it is unacceptable that an automatic update of ATIH causes a disk crash and loss of data.

/Lars

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Lars,

I had slightly misunderstood. Let's try from a different perspective. You have a full serial number for TIH 2012, the latest build has updated the SNAPMAN.sys and (I think) the Acronis Virtual Driver, so, try uninstalling build 6131 (after deactivating the SZ or ASRM if activated and PlusPack if installed) , download the new build from your account (I think the auto update feature doesn't always work as planned), install b7119, reboot, re-activate the SZ and ASRM if required, install PlusPack b7119 (if purchased) and see if you get any further.

I think the auto-update doesn't always replace drivers correctly if they are in use, whereas a proper full install does.

Colin

Goddard Chris
Beginner

When testing my boot disk for TIH 2012 (and the Plus Pack) full version it did not work.

When I tried to create a new one it said some components were missing and I need to re install.

I uninstalled the programme fine.

I first installed the 2010 version ans the 2012 was an upgrade. This worked fine and I created a working boot disk for this.

However when trying to install a freshly downloaded 2012 I got the error message shown on the attachment. (I also got this if I tried to install without 2010 being on the system or if I tried to re install before uninstalling as a repair.

Therefore I am unable to use the products which I paid for. Can anyone help please

AttachmentSize
acronis_install_error.jpg 29.94 KB
Goddard Chris
Beginner

Goddard Chris wrote:

When testing my boot disk for TIH 2012 (and the Plus Pack) full version it did not work.

When I tried to create a new one it said some components were missing and I need to re install.

I uninstalled the programme fine.

I first installed the 2010 version ans the 2012 was an upgrade. This worked fine and I created a working boot disk for this.

However when trying to install a freshly downloaded 2012 I got the error message shown on the attachment. (I also got this if I tried to install without 2010 being on the system or if I tried to re install before uninstalling as a repair.

Therefore I am unable to use the products which I paid for. Can anyone help please

Ok - solved!!

Searched back and found my original downloaded installer from last year. Ran it (taking the option of downloading a later version) and it installed! Have no idea why the later version had Runtime problems

Managed to create a boot disk and sucessfully tested it.

Now to try a backup

Gerd L
Beginner

Hallo,

I acquired the (3pack) german version Acronis Home 2012 15.0.7119 including the Plus Pack. Here are my first comments:

1. I installed Acronis, but no start at all. By reading this forum, I de-installed, cleaned and installed again. Now it is working. At present I am backing up to see the results.
2. I tried to do an incremental BU created with a 2011 Plus Pack version, but this appears to be not possible. I am doing now a full BU, max compressed.
3. Prior to that, I created from the installed Acronis 2012/7119 product a bootable Plus Pack disk. This disk works , but does not recognise my external usb hard disk (although the installed PC version does).

Has anybody an idea what to do to get the recovery CD working? My old 2011 Plus Pack CD version does recognise the external USB disk.
If I cannot get the bootable CD working, then the Acronis 2012 is practically useless. Why does my 2011 version work?

Goddard Chris
Beginner

Well using ATIH2012 I can create a backup . However unless I use my USB3 drive via my USB port and insatead use one of my USB 2 drives then to restore gives issues.

I select the backup and wait for the window to populate the folders in the backup (this is for a file backup) so I can choose what to restore. Nothing happens even if left for an hour.

What am I doing wrong?

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Gerd,

A standard recovery CD should be made with 2012:7119 or you can download the ISO version from your account. If you require the PlusPack capabilities you will need to purchase the 2012 version of the PlusPack.

Each PlusPack changes with each build and version of True Image.

Colin

Gerd L
Beginner

Colin B,

I have purchased the 2012:7119 including the Plus Pack. I produced the recovery CD from the installed version. Infact, the CD works perfectly except that it does not recognise my external disk. By the way, this happened already to my first version (2009?), the support analysed the problem and sent me a new version which worked. There was another solution by adding Linux codes, but this did not work in my case.

As you suggested, I will try the ISO version.