26566: Acronis Loader fatal error: Boot drive (partition) not found

6 replies [Last post]
Jon
Beginner

With Acronis Backup and Recovery 11, I created a bootable media CD, then tried to boot on a Dell OptiPlex 580. I get the message: Acronis Loader fatal error: Boot drive (partition) not found. I'm trying to create an image of this computer. What can I do?

Yana
Forum Star

Hello Jon,

Thank you for opening the thread regarding this issue, I will be glad to address it.

I assume you mean Acronis True Image Home 11. In this case please download the latest updated bootable media from your account, then burn it onto the CD, and check whether the issue remains.

Please keep in mind that ATIH11 is a very outdated version, and in case the latest bootable media fails to work, there's not much we can do. I would advise you to test Acronis True Image Home 2012.

If you're using Acronis Backup and Recovery 11 Workstation, then please register the license you own in your account, and proceed with downloading and burning the media. In case the issue remains, please gather Acronis Linux Report and send it to us for investigation.

Thank you in advance for cooperation.

Jay Ferris
Beginner

I had exact same problem and it disappeared when I upgraded to 2012.

Papa John
Beginner

I have a new Dell i570 and none of my Acronis bootable media will boot -- I have ADD11 Home (latest version and download), ATIH 2012 and ADIHPP 2012 and none will boot on this new Dell machine - the error is the same as above - Talked to Dell but they said Acronis is not a supported product and is unrealiable!! I think it must be the Acronis loader is not finding the partition because of the way the HDD is set up by Dell cause these CD's work on my other machines - I wish I could attach a snapshot of the HDD layout to show what I mean but I could be wrong!! HELP YANA!!!

Yana
Forum Star

Hello Papa John,

I'm sorry to hear you've faced this problem.

There can be several issues (like the lack of drivers in the loader). In this situation I would recommend you to create a WinPE bootable media as a workaround, and the investigation of the problem might take some time, and I would like to at least be sure that you have a media that works.

Let me know if you would like to proceed with the investigation of the problem, or have any issues with the WinPE media.

Thank you!

davsch
Beginner

Papa John,

I just ran into the sames issue with a Dell 580. It would not boot to the optical drive with the same error. But I created a bootable USB and it worked just fine.

A boot is a boot I guess...

Larry Latimer
Beginner

I hope this helps:
Make a bootable CD from your Acronis Program ( i.e. Acronis True Image 2014)
Go here- http://www.whatsabyte.com/P1/ATI_2010_USB_Boot.html for screen shots

So here's what is going on-

You have to install the new drive you are going to clone to as your main drive
Install the old drive as the USB drive. I like the Apricorn Sata Wire or get a 2.5" removable drive (USB 2.0 or 3.0) case at Best Buy or Fry's.
* Boot from the Acronis Bootable Disk ( may require you to go into your Bios and change boot drive to CD/DVD, try F12 at boot)
Or, use a flash drive and create the Boot Disk to that.
Use the Acronis Program to Clone your old system to the new drive
Acronis True Image 2014 is a powerful program.

If you do not do these things you may get this error:
Acronis Loader fatal error: Boot drive (partition) not found