27793: TimounterMonitor.exe can't start because MSVCP80.dll is missing from your computer

13 replies [Last post]
LEE TURNER
Beginner

Just a note: its very difficult to get support from Acronis. I have the above stated issue, but when using your "contact support" email system, it says my support expired October 2011, 09, and I must pay for it. I just bought 2012, how can it be expired??

I keep getting the above message when I boot my PC. My actions to solve this so far have been:
-repair Home 2012; didn't solve it;
-repair Plus Pack 2012; didn't solve it;
-ran sfc /scannow; didn't solve it;
-ran System Mechanic to correct registry (if needed); didn't solve it.

What is TimounterMonitor.exe, and why do I need it? And why can't it find MSVCP80.dll? I searched my hard drive and there are 30 copies of MSVCP80.dll in various folders.

AttachmentSize
timeountermonitor_error_acronis_msvcp80.jpg27.04 KB
Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Try running the installer again and select the repair option. That might solve the issue.

You might try first using msconfig.exe to disable all non-microst services and all startup programs before doing the repair -- this is jsut to ensure that no program conflict is interfering with the install/repair.

You aacn try running the system file check to verify that windows system fiels are okay:

go to start, Progmrams, Accessories, Command Prompt. right click Command Promot and select Run As Administrator then enter "sfc /verifyonly" without the quotes. This won't make change but will only check. To fix you'd use "sfc /scannow"

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

LEE TURNER
Beginner

Thanks I appreciate the quick reply. I tried running the installer on Home & Plus, but that didn't help. Also ran sfc /scannow. That didn't help.
Rather than modifying msconfig, what do you think about running the repair via the installer in safemode?

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

you can try that. if youuse msconfig, you jsut set it to Mormal Startup and reboot when you're done -- no harm done, no permanent changes to startup.

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

btw:

TrueImageMonitor.exe provides the interface between running Acronis True Image tasks and the user. It allows to observe the tasks progress and allows one to cancel the running tasks. It is started when a user logs into the system and terminates when the user logs off.

"Timountermonitor.exe observes the tasks concerning an image mounting (exploring).
These programs are not required by Acronis True Image to perform its tasksbut to allow one to control running Acronis True Image tasks.
"

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

AT this point, without resorting to Tech Support, I'd try unistalling, running the cleaner

http://kb.acronis.com/content/24545

then reinstalling.

LEE TURNER
Beginner

How do you contact tech support? They seem to have put up a very efficient wall between them and the users. Something I need to remember when I decide to buy my next piece of software -- certainly lowers my desire to purchase their software.

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Well, you fix the problems before release or you start battening down the hatches. Best way in is to try chat. You ahve to register your serial number first.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Lee and Scott,

Thank you for your posts and we really appreciate your help Scott.

Lee, we offer aftersales technical support for 1 month after product the product was purchased from our online store or if it is a boxed version, 1 month after its registration. I checked your Acronis web-account and it appears that your copy was purchased in September.

We also have additional support options if you are interested, you can check them here. The issue you described requires additional investigation, I am very sorry for any inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

LEE TURNER
Beginner

I am out of the country a lot, and am just now getting round to installing and using the product. If there is no support, then the product is not usable. How do I get a refund on 2012, since there is no support, and the previous version works just fine? This severely limited support is good to know when considering future purchases. Thanks.

Yana
Forum Star

Hello Lee,

Thank you for being sincere in your feedback.

I understand your frustration. Such policy might really be confusing, and currently we're looking into the possibility of making it more flexible. Meanwhile you can always obtain PPI in order to contact support department directly. Rest assured that in case the problem was caused by the fault in the product, the PPI will get immediately refunded.

Should you need anything else or have any further questions - feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience, we will be happy to help you!

Thank you.

Ahmad Ibrahimov
Ahmad Ibrahimov's picture
Director, Global Support Infrastructure

Hello Lee,

In order to fix the problem, you just need to go to Start -> Run -> regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key and remove the entry corresponding to TimounterMonitor.exe. This is the remnant of old Acronis True Image versions, and it is not present in version 2012. Therefore, it gives the error message on startup, because it can't find the necessary components.

Let us know if this resolves the issue. Thank you.

--
Best regards,
Ahmad Ibrahimov
Expert Team Manager | Forum Team Manager
Acronis Customer Central

LEE TURNER
Beginner

Great! Thanks Ahmad! This type of information needs to be posted on your FAQs. Also, I think your support policies need to be extended. Sometimes people get a bad taste with poor support, and that affects their purchasing choices in the future. Thanks again; I appreciate your help.
Lee Turner
Philips Electronics

Ahmad Ibrahimov
Ahmad Ibrahimov's picture
Director, Global Support Infrastructure

Good news, Lee! I am glad it resolved your issue.

This issue should not occur widely, because 2012 version installer should remove these entries. I believe something went wrong in your particular environment - otherwise thousands of other Customers who upgraded from previous versions would encounter this issue.

Thanks for the confirmation.

--
Ahmad