30418: Should I be concerned about this migrating message

8 replies [Last post]
harleynut97
Beginner

Hi, I did a backup last night and also validated it. So I opened up Acronis because I wanted to check out what it really imaged. So I did this
-In the backup / recovery tab, I see the back up
-I press the recover Icon.. a screen opens up that shows the partitions
-I then select --- switch to disc mode , another window opens up and then show just the two physical harddrives.
- I check the first one .... It begins to populate, but then I get this message

! The selected disc will be migrated as is (disks layout will remain MBR

Should I be concerned that there is a problem with my backup?

harleynut97
Beginner

Can anyone help?

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello harleynut97,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible there are file errors on the source hard drive. Could you get back to me with this report please so that I can verify this?

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

harleynut97
Beginner

Hi Anton, I was on the chat service with tech support, and they asked the same thing... They emailed me an application to run that generated a report, and they were saying my internal discs showed some type of errors... but I did a chkdisk scan (just a scan, not a fix and repair) on each drive and it showed no errors, yet the report still shows it (according to them). I am now in the process of doing a deeper type scan on my c drive, which is being done now while I'm away ( writing this from a different computer)

Truthfully, I have a feeling when I go back it is going to show no errors, but we will see. I can rerun the report and attach it once I return.

But if possible can you confirm something for me...
1) the warning message only appears when I am in DISC MODE, the tech said that I could recover instead using partition mode ..... Is that true?

2) But based on your system report showing errors (according to the tech) , I have 0 confidence that my backup can be fully recovered if needed.

A couple of other points to mention:

-The discs that are being backed up are internal drives - a 1 tb and 2 tb internal drive...
-The backup is being stored onto a 3 tb usb3 external drive (it is plugged into a usb3 port)

-I am having no other problems relating to my computer, and haven't, since buying it.

harleynut97
Beginner

OK Anton.... I did a complete ckdisc on my c: drive and indicated there were no errors found - I am attaching a jpg screen capture of the event log that shows there were no errors. I then reran the acronis system utility and generated a report AFTER doing the chkdisk. I also included a screen grab of the warning message I am getting when in disc mode. Please find both of these attached.

The tech who was trying to help me via remote access / chat kept trying to point to the "E"s that are indicated and that is when she asked me to do the chkdsk. This latest report indicates E's still apparently.

Please review the system report and give me any additional things that should be checked... Thank You, Carl

Vlad V
Beginner

Hi harleynut97,

You needn't worry about this message. It simply states that your disk partition style will remain MBR. Such messages appear in ATIH 2012 in the disk recovery mode because ATIH 2012 supports UEFI and GPT partition style. When a PC uses BIOS, the partition style remains MBR. If you've tried to restore this backup to a UEFI-booted PC using Universal Restore, the disk partition style would be converted (migrated) from MBR to GPT.

Vlad

harleynut97
Beginner

Thanks for your explanation Vlad, and I hope what your saying is true. I'm hoping to hear back from Anton regarding my system report and the errors that it is indicating. Thanks agian.

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your comments.

harleynut97, I sent the information to our Testing Lab to verify if this is a known issue or not. I will keep you posted.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

harleynut97
Beginner

Thank you Anton, I'll look forward to hearing back from you. I am going to PM you regarding something that I don't want to discuss on this thread.