30836: TI 2012 along with Windows

9 replies [Last post]
Seth Mootchnik
Forum Member

Win 7 64 bit home prem.

I noticed that acronis is now my back up tool.
What if I also want Windows to run a (weekly) back up? Is this possible?
Back ups would not run the same day.
And thinking of only backing up my Libraries (with Windows version, where as Acronis continue to create a image).

I was playing around with windows back up features but could not find a way to allow both to operate.

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

I do use Windows backup at the same time as ATI. To get your Windows backup back, disable the backup control panel integration in ATI (click on the gear menu in the upper right of the ATI program window).

Win 8.1 Pro x64 SSD + Software RAID 0 - ATI 2014 6614

Seth Mootchnik
Forum Member

In an endless loop-
when I go to my PC then Control Panel, then Back Up and Restore and then attempt to turn on Windows Back up & Restore, I get this :"
   "In Windows Control Panel, the integrated Acronis console will be replaced with Windows Backup.
   To complete the replacement, you will need to close and reopen Control Panel?

Bruce Girton
Beginner

Seth Mootchnik
Forum Member

This still bugs me.
What also bugs me about this program is that at the bottom I get a MSG that my on line back as expired - duh. This is a message I can't get rid of.

So far acronis tech support is of no help.

So, I just gave up - at least the image process itself works and that's main reason for the purchase.
Though if I was asked to give a rating - maybe a 2 out of 5 as an overall rating.

My suggestion for Acronis go back to the basics as too many features makes it too buggy.

Volkan
Volkan's picture
Forum Moderator

Greetings to Everyone,

Thank you all for posting on our Forum. I appreciate your feedback.

I would like to thank Pat L as always for his valuable suggestions.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience resulting from the Windows integration issue. I will be glad to be of assistance to help resolve your issue.

I regret to inform you that this is a known issue, yet we do have a workaround that will bring about the same desirable result of restoring your native Windows Backup and Restore feature to its original state. This will effectively remove the integration of Acronis True Image Home 2012 with Windows' native feature, and enable you to administer your backups and recovery tasks from here as you wish.

To disable the integration without further issues, please follow the simple guidelines as listed in this Knowledge Base article. Please note that the version of the product referenced in this article does not align with the version in question, however the solution provided still applies all the same. During the steps you take, should you encounter any difficulties or have any issues arise, please inform me at your earliest convenience and I will gladly assist you as appropriate.

Seth Mootchnik, as a method to disable the notification regarding Online Backup subscription status, you may log out of your Acronis True Image Home session by heading to your email account visible in the top left-hand-corner of the product mainscreen. This will, however, disable certain features that require a logged in state, such as Online Backup and online as well as local Synchronization options.

Bruce Girton, if I may refer you to my recent post regarding this very issue, as this thread does not seem to align with the second issue you have reported.

Let me know if you do have any additional questions or issues that I may be of help with.

Alternatively, you may read through our Customer's Handbook and contact Acronis Customer Central for additional assistance by our dedicated Support Professionals.

Kind regards,

Volkan

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here

Seth Mootchnik
Forum Member

Volkan
Not sure if I understand -
So by following kb 14741, will that disable the Windows Bk Up/Restore AND let me continue with the Acronis TI program ?

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Seth,

This kb article will restore the Windows backup control panel to show the Windows backup tool.

To get rid of the message, simply log off from ATI.

Seth Mootchnik
Forum Member

Will this be able to allow me to chose a specific folder on a specific (internal) hard drive?

If not, How would I completely turn off the Windows Bkup/Restore and only use the Acronis?

PS - so glad this post/question did not go completely off the radar.

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Seth,

Once you have restored the control panel to its standard Windows backup, you can disable any scheduled tasks there. There is nothing else you need to do to avoid it from running.

To use Acronis, simply skip the nifty control panel integration and run your backups after having launch the main program UI.