5 replies [Last post]
date
Beginner

My software/ hardware environment:
Window 7 SP1, 64 Bit
True Image 2012 build 6154
Notebook with Core Duo 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM

My problem:
Opening a tib archive in the Windows Explorer is incredible slow on my machine. I used True Image 2010 before and there things worked OK.

More detailed description:
I have a full backup (~45GB) with 20 incremental backups (each ~400MB) stored on my local harddisk. When double-click in the Windows Explorer on the tib file of the last incremental backup, it takes ~5 minutes until the Explorer steps into the archive (while I have to wait, the green progress bar is displayed in the upper part of the Explorer window).
After these ~5 minutes the Explorer presents a list with 21 backups. There I have to double-click again on the latest backup - and again everything is very slow: After 30 minutes I closed the Explorer window - the content of my last incremental backup wasn't displayed so far...

Of course this behaviour is not acceptable. Is this a known performance problem of True Image 2012? Does anybody know what I can do against it?

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Where is the tib located? Is it on a USB 2 connection?

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

date
Beginner

No, the tib files are located on an internal SATA drive. So this shouldn't be the problem...

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Well, if you wanted to fiddle around further, you could try using confusing to see if performance changes when you cut out al the non-microsoft services and all the startup programs.

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero

If you are still in your 30 support windows from 2012 purchase date, I would attempt to get support as this current speed is not normal. You seem to have some software or driver conflicts.

date
Beginner

Unfortunately my 30 days support period is already over.

I was able to restore some files from my backup archive by using the True Image main application. So it seems like (the in my opinion much easier to handle) explorer integration of True Image is the main problem on my notebook :-(...