30882: Can I recover files and/or folders from an image backup in ATIH 2012?

7 replies [Last post]
Richard Rein
Beginner

I need to recover some damaged files from a recent image backup. I know this could be done with ATIH 2011. Has this feature been removed in ATIH 2012? I hope not.

Another question: How do I go about locating my own posts in this forum?

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

If you mount a disk/partition backup, you can explorer it and copy out any directories or files you want. Usually, one just right clicks the backup file and selects Mount.

If you click on your user name, you'll get your profile page and you can select all the posts you've commented on, all the posts you created.

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

GroverH
GroverH's picture
Forum Hero
Richard Rein
Beginner

I attempted to recover some files from one of my backups while another backup was executing. It said 'queued'. I assume only one procedure can be executing at one time. Am I correct?

You said to click on my user name to find my own posts and comments in the forum. Where is it? I couldn't find my name anywhere within the forum except on each individual posting?

Edit: Aha! I found this posting by searching for my name, however, it included postings by others named Richard. This doesn't answer my original question.

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

You want to see our stuff without being on a post . . .Are you logged in? Click on My Account, navigate from there. through the choices

My Account

View
Created Forum Topics
Commented Forum Topics
Edit
Badges
File browser

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

Richard Rein
Beginner

Thanks. Works fine.

AJ Bader
Beginner

Although I've been using Acronis to backup my laptop for a few years, I still can not figure out how to recover specific files!! When I list open up external hard drive, all I see is "Backup10, Backup 11", etc. How do I identify the specific file I need? I've tried all your tutorials (which are a little too simple) and help areas to no avail. Please help!!!!
AJ Bader

Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

If you navigate to a backup file with windows explorer, then right click on the file, select mount. The backup file will be mounted as a logical drive which you can then treats as read-only drive which you can navigate and copy files from. This is the easiest way to do it. Alternatively, if the backup is partition our full disk backup, you can set up for a restore and select the files to restore.