30897: Acronis True Image Home 2012 backup issues

2 replies [Last post]
errold32
Beginner

I am trying to backup a windows 7 x64 machine onto a 1TB USB seagate Go hard drive. This is the second time since I purchased the program in January of this year that the backup has failed due to an inability to find the full backup file (it is visible in explorer.....). I also am unable to start a backup operation from the backup and restore section of windows 7. clicking the button with the backup now logo on it does nothing.

Is This product even supported? I find myself falling down the tunnel of disappointment; there have been no updates....

I am attaching the log.

Thanks

AttachmentSize
acronislog_04-04-2012.zip186.2 KB
Scott Hieber
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Did you browse to the backup from within ati? Alternatively di you try using the bootcd-- sometimes when one doesn't work the other does.

Be part of the discussion; Post your objective product views on Amazon and other sites.
Reading works. Get the User Guide at http://www.acronis.com/support/documentation/

errold32
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, I am trying to update the backup within ati. I have not browsed to it within ati or the boot CD. I will try those methods, but all that will do is confirm that it exists, and is not corrupt. I need to update it (perform an additional backup version). Perhaps I did not make that clear, sorry.

Thanks