30931: Cannot restore backups from continous backups

9 replies [Last post]
John Welch
Beginner

I have been backing up my development folders for months. I recently needed to recover some files. I found the exact files from the time I needed and pressed the right controls to recover the files. I received a message that the files had been recovered, but they were not recovered. I tried dragging and dropping them and that did not work. I tried recovering them to a different folder on a different drive and that did not work. i cannot recover a single file from months of backups.

I upgraded from version 11 to the 2012 version and that did not help.

Note that I recently had to do a full disk restore from another Acronis backup created with version 11 and that worked fine.

What can I do?

Yana
Forum Star

Hello John,

Welcome to our Forum, we're glad to greet you here.

I've checked our internal resources: there are really no known issues that would match your description. Could you please send us the screenshot of the problem, and Acronis System Report from the problem machine? 

Should you need anything else or have any further questions - feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience, we will be happy to help you!

Thank you.

John Welch
Beginner

I get a message that says the "Operation has started' and then one that states it was successful. There is no file in the C:\Temp folder. I had to split the report up and send in two messages as it was too big (18Mb) as one file.

AttachmentSize
screenshot2.jpg 242.32 KB
applog.zip 2.8 MB
John Welch
Beginner

2nd file

AttachmentSize
acronissystemreport.zip 14.78 MB
Yana
Forum Star

Hello John,

Thank you for the update, and for keeping us posted.

I've checked the logs, and there's no mention of a recovery whatsoever, as well as there are no errors related to Acronis True Image Home at all. Our testers team is interested in investigating the problem, and would really appreciate if you could send a recovery log separately to us. It might shed the light onto the situation.

Thank you in advance for cooperation!

John Welch
Beginner

Where do I get the recovery log? I had just attempted a recovery before sending the last set of files.

RayG
Frequent Poster

@John,

When I have tried this it sometimes takes up to 30 minutes before the files are recovered. You may want to start a recovery off and wait some time to see what happens. You may of course already have done this, but if you cancel the task too early then nothing will be recovered.

--
Regards

RayG

John Welch
Beginner

No, I let it finish and it tells me it is finished. I'm writing about restoring one or two critical files. I have recently restored the entire hard drive. So, again:
Where do I get the recovery log? I had just attempted a recovery before sending the last set of files.

John Welch
Beginner

Yana, You seem to have dropped this problem and are no longer responding.

Yana
Forum Star

Hello John,

Sorry for the delay with the response. I was involved in internal company activities, and just came back to the thread.

In order to send us the logs, please follow these steps: 

We also do strongly recommend to contact support in case of an emergency directly for an online assistance. We understand that some issues can be really urgent, and Forum doesn't always provide immediate assistance.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, we'll be glad to help.

Thank you.