33436: Cannot update or uninstall Acronis True image 2012 new version

4 replies [Last post]
My Yen Van
Beginner

Hi Acronis Customer service!

For another desktop, I upgraded the new version of Acrnois True Image. During the upgrade, there was an error, and the computer cannot upgrade this software. After that, when I click the icone of Acronis True Imade on desktop, it was a notice " Acronis True Image is not installed". Moreover, I could not uninstall or repair this software.

Could you help me to solve this problem? I attached the Save error Log for you. I am so crazy about this problem.

Thank you very much

AttachmentSize
acronistrueimage.msi_.txt260.29 KB
Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

My Yen Van,

Are you able to install the previous build?

Do you have other Acronis products on your system?

Did you download the installer file or use the auto update? If you tried to update using the autoupdate feature, download the actual installer file from your account.

You might need to download the Acronis 2012 cleaner utility, this will wipe out all your other Acronis products as well if installed, but should allow you to then install 2012.

The forum is sometimes slow, if your post doesn't seem to be posted, open up another browser page to the forum and check to see if your post has actually appeared and it is just the refresh instruction to your browser that isn't working, otherwise as you can see you end up with multiple posts when you think you've only made one.

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Fabio Sagnelli
Beginner

i Have exactly the same problem.
How to download the Acronis 2012 cleaner utility ?

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

You can find it here: http://kb.acronis.com/content/24545

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Fabio Sagnelli
Beginner

Great !
Now everithing it's ok
Thank You