37750: Invalid Signature Detected

6 replies [Last post]
Andre
Beginner

Purchased True Image today.

Trying to make a disk image from a 1tb hard drive to a 250gb ssd. It asks to do a restart and on subsequent startup I get the following error message:
Invalid signature detected. Check secure boot policy in setup

Any idea what I should do?

Thanks!

Andre
Beginner

Ok I figured out you need to disable secure boot (Windows 8). You can find detail on this at: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-access-the-bios-on-a-windows-8-compu...

However after clone each time I start computer from the new cloned disk (SSD) I continually get the Bios screen. WHen I save it restarts and shows the BIOS again, continually.

tuttle
tuttle's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

When cloning it is safer to swap the disks before cloning (replace the current system disk with the new disk) and boot from the bootable Rescue Media to perform the clone. After cloning, remove the old disk (the source of the clone) before allowing the system to boot. Allowing Windows to boot with two OS disks attached will result in at least one of them becoming unbootable, and it may not be the one you intend.

I am not staff and am not paid. I provide help on a volunteer basis on my own time.

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Also be sure to re-enable Secure Boot after the clone operation is finished, before booting to the new drive.

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

tuttle
tuttle's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

James F wrote:

Also be sure to re-enable Secure Boot after the clone operation is finished, before booting to the new drive.

James, is that required or just a good idea?

I am not staff and am not paid. I provide help on a volunteer basis on my own time.

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Just to be pedantic :-) , Andre be careful when referring to disk images and clones within the same context, with True Image these have a specific meaning and can cause confusion if mixed up in a post.

Clone = copy of one complete hard drive to another hard drive with no intermediate container file.

Disk Image = All the used sectors of a hard drive are copied to an intermediate container file (the tib file) with compression or not , can be scheduled, can be added to, and in depending upon how your drive is layed out more flexible in restoring.

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Michael Dixon
Beginner

If you are trying to load Windows 7 on a Windows 8 installation, you may have run into several security messages during the installation. In order to accomplish this downgrade to Windows 7 you must first go into the bios and disable the secure boot, then enable the legacy boot. Save configuration and restart computer.