39129: Acronis loader in the bios?

6 replies [Last post]
Sonya Giova
Beginner

Hello,
I've intalled Acronis true image 2013 on my new acer aspire one 725 on windows 8.
In the bios, i have an option i boot
"acronis loader...." like HDD boot, CD boot, ...
I've have remove for test Acronis true 2013 but, it's always in my bios.
How to remove this ??
Thank you

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Did you activate the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager? Deactivate it. If you are unsure, activate it and deactivate it from the tools section of Acronis True IMage (ATI).

Win 8.1 Pro x64 SSD + Software RAID 0 - ATI 2014 6614

Sonya Giova
Beginner

I tried activate it and deactivate it from the tools section of Acronis True IMage but it's not ok
Another idea?
Thank

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Sounds like you have UEFI based firmware on your system.

Many programs can add boot loader entries to the UEFI Boot Loader.

You would need to refer to your system documentation to find out how to remove the extra Acronis boot entries from with your UEFI Boot Manager. There should be an option in the UEFI setup to allow deletion of any boot entries that you do not wish to keep.

On your system, you should be able to start the UEFI (BIOS) setup by press F2 (possibly repeatedly) after telling Windows to restart but before Windows starts back up. F2 function may not work if you power the system off and then try it at power on if Windows 8 "fast boot" is enabled.

Once in the UEFI setup, look for an option to list, and modify the boot order, and also for any method to delete any unneeded boot entries (Acronis).

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

You should also be able to access your UEFI firmware from within Windows 8 if the F2 key press does not work.

Press the Windows Start Key (to get to the "Tile/Start" screen) and type "BIOS"
Select "Settings"
Select "Restart under "Advanced Startup"

(Your system will restart after selecting "Restart" so be sure to write down the following steps before restarting your system)

Select "Troubleshoot"
Select "Advanced Options"
Select "UEFI Firmware Options"
Select "Restart"

This should restart your system into the UEFI firmware, so you can make any desired changes.

Attached are images of each step.

AttachmentSize
bios_results.jpg 43.26 KB
advanced_startup.jpg 62.91 KB
troubleshoot.jpg 43.69 KB
advanced_options.jpg 41.98 KB
uefi_firmware_settings.jpg 54.14 KB
restart.jpg 36.72 KB

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Sonya Giova
Beginner

Yes! it's a uefi bios.
A very good answer James ! Thank you!
In the bios, i can just choose UEFI ou LEGAY BIOS, no change possible.
This morning i launch a full recovery factory on the pc.
After 3 hours, just 20%. I see the result tomorrow. if it's not ok, i ll try your solution under windows 8.
If i see your answer earlier, i dont launch the lonnnnnnnnnnng recovery...
I'm french, sorry for my english

Betty Beckham
Beginner

Your solution helped solve my issue. I had to press F1 at startup on my Lenovo T430 Windows 8 laptop to get into settings.

I was getting the following message: "Secure Boot Image failed to verify with access denied. Press any key to continue." When any key was pressed, I could continue booting into Windows 8. Near the top of my Boot Order was Acronis Loader. As suggested, I deleted Acronis Loader and now I can boot normally.