40021: [RESOLVED] Operations are in progress, please wait

11 replies [Last post]
Paul Marrero
Beginner

I have a scheduled backup every morning at 2:00 AM. If my computer is off during that time, which is rare, I get this message the next time I log on and shutdown. I have looked everywhere for a solution, but cannot find one for True Image 2013. It is rather annoying, and risky, for me to continue to shut down the PC because I cannot get control of it.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Please let me know if you need further information.

Thanks.
-Paul

Issue resolved here.

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Paul,

Do you also get the message if the PC isn't shutdown when a schedule is due?

Which OS are you using?

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Paul Marrero
Beginner

No. It basically says please wait until the operations are done. If the scheduled backup is missed, True Image tries to perform the backup and if I don't manually shut the process down and I shut down Windows, I get this message and there it stays.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1

Thanks.
-Paul

Pat L
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

This is normal behavior, and the computer should shut down. Many users report that the computer actually does not shutdown. Some users have set up the backup to happen only when the computer is idle, so when a backup is missed, it has to run, but has to wait until the computer is idle and that might until it shuts down.
I personally avoid this case by disabling all advanced options in the backup or validation scheduler.

Win 8.1 Pro x64 SSD + Software RAID 0 - ATI 2014 6614

Paul Miller
Beginner

I have 2 computers running W7 and TI 2013 and both have the problem of not shutting down because of the Operations in Process message. Yesterday, I did the 2nd Tuesday Windows Update and got the message when the update said to restart the computer. I always wonder if the update actually got installed correctly and it seems to make no difference on the time of day when it happens.

I've tried everything people have mentioned in these forums and nothing works for me. I don't understand why Acronis can't fix it after all this time. I'm ready to go to another backup app.

STEVEN URICH
Beginner

This seems to be an on going problem as it is happening in the 2013 Version.

Glenn Lloyd
Beginner

This has happened to me on my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine and this morning on my new Windows 8 machine. Has anyone found a workaround/solution (True Image 2013) ?

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

There is a new build out of 2013, does the problem still occur with 6514?

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Glenn Lloyd
Beginner

Hi Colin,

I just downloaded and installed build 6514 today. So, at this point I don't know if the problem is solved or not. Time will tell I guess,

Glen

Paul Miller
Beginner

I just installed it, too, so we'll see if it works. I thought it was interesting, after downloading and starting the install, it hung up with the message "can't install as operations are in process."

I had to open msconfig, stop all Acronis processes and restart the computer, after which the install went properly.

Glenn Lloyd
Beginner

Paul,

I guess it is 'fingers crossed' time. I hate this sort of error. No one seems to have a definitive answer about what triggers it or what can cure it for sure. All I have seen is 'try this.' We will never know for absolute certain that it is no longer a problem simply because it doesn't happen. The only thing we will be absolutely certain of is that it still is a problem if and when it does happen again.

Good luck.

Paul Marrero
Beginner

Thanks everyone. Sad to say, this update did absolutely nothing to fix this issue.

-Paul

Amended: I spoke too soon. I was a little more patient and after a couple of minutes, I got to the login screen. Yay.