42244: True Image Home build 6514: Starting Acronis Loader

4 replies [Last post]
Alexander Nicolson
Beginner

I have just upgraded form True image Home build 5551 to build 6514, and get the same problem on both my acer laptop and acer pc, both running windows 7. At startup, the machines hang at "Starting Acronis Loader....U". I do not get the opportunity to press F11. All worked perfectly on the older build.

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

You can still use your 5551 build recovery CD on images made by 6514 as a work-around at the moment.

As this is a recovery problem, you are entitled to free support from Acronis on this matter. I suggest raising a support ticket, and either from within Windows or using the 5551 recopvery CD run a system report and attach it to the support request.

Could you give more details about the setup of your Acer machines such as BIOS and disk setup?

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Alexander,

Boot to your Acronis Rescue media (or from within True Image in Windows) and use the tool "Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" to remove/de-activate the ASRM. Toggle the activate/de-activate feature a few times until it is properly de-activated. This will fix the Acronis Loader message at boot.

Be sure you can boot properly to your Rescue Media before attempting to re-enable/activate ARSM again.

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.

Alexander Nicolson
Beginner

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am still able to use the machines. I press return after the "Starting Acronis Loader...U" comes up and it goes into windows. However I could not do a restore from a backup I did the other day as the restart went back to the same message. I uninstalled build 6514 and reinstalled 5551. Everything is now ok. I have never had this problem with any previous version or build. This is why I assume there is a bug in 6514.
The system Bios version on the laptop is V1.09. The VGA Bios Version is ATI VGA Ver010.094.001.016.033189. Ican't get the details on pc at the moment. I'm not sure what you mean by disc setup. Both hard drives have two partitions, one for programmes and the other for data.

James F
James F's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Alexander,

If you have created a 2013 build 6514 bootable CD/DVD/Flash drive Rescue Media, have you tried to boot to it? I would expect that you may have problems with the Rescue Media as well.

I think the problem with build 6514 on your system is related to the Linux kernel and/or drivers included with this build. Apparently they have changed something between the builds.

What I tell my friends:
It's not a problem with your computer, it's a short circuit between the chair and the keyboard!
What I tell my Customers:
Whatever the problem is, we can fix it.