44082: Acronis True Image Add on Installer

1 reply [Last post]
akshay ht
Beginner

I successfully installed Acronis True Image Beta 2014 -Product version 17.0.0.5003 on Win 8 PC.
then, I tried to install Acronis True Image 2014 Media Add-Ons Installer -Product version 17.0.0.3025
(Downloaded from ftp://as1fyziaob:ek5pk0qitv@cftp.acronis.com/ ).
Acronis True Image 2014 Media Add-Ons Installer did installed but with exceptions which are :
1). Media Add-on installed without any serial number or premium serial number , and I don't know why it is so.
2). In About True Image , it doesn't show that Media Add-Ons pack is installed, why ?
3). Attached Image for above.
4). Is the Media Add-On Build Media Add-Ons Installer -Product version 17.0.0.3025 is the latest build or not ?
5). Since Acronis True Image Beta 2014 -Product version is 17.0.0.5003 , is it correct to install Media Add-Ons Installer -Product version 17.0.0.3025 which is of older build ?
Please see and provide resolution.
Thank you.

AttachmentSize
ati_2014.png33.84 KB
Sergey Britvin
Sergey Britvin's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello akshay ht.

Thank you for taking part in our beta program and for takin your time contacting us.
Please excuse the belated reply.

Here are comments on your topic:

1. Installation of Add-on does not need a serial number, it just a component, which can be installed additively to True Image and contains WinPE and BartPe media builder. But you need a Premium serial number, in order to use Add-on, Acronis Universal restore and to be able to work with dynamic disks. So, the described situation is correct. Please see user guide pp. 8: http://download.acronis.com/pdf/ATIH2014_userguide_en-US.pdf

2, 3. In "About" you can find information, if you have basic or "Premium" version.

4, 5. The latest available beta version of Media Add-on is 3025. And it is correct to use it.

Kind regards,

Sergey Britvin

Acronis QA Team