6151: Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)

7 replies [Last post]
Mac UK
Beginner

Trying to restore on HP D530 std. IDE WD800 hdd. Downloaded the latest version as at 22-11-09 of True Image Home 2009. Tried the F11, no acpi tna. latest BIOS from HP all okay, tried additional hdds, same fault. Tried old version of enterprise, just bombs out and restarts PC. TI2009 creates the image without error, but when you need it.........

Dmitry
Dmitry's picture
Frequent Poster

Hello Mac,

We will do our best to resolve the issue you experience.

Please download ISO image based on ISOLinux from your account under Registered Products and create Acronis bootable disc using third-party software. ISOLINUX Bootable Media is usually more up to date than the Acronis Loader one. This is due to the fact a new version of Acronis Bootable Media is uploaded to the website more frequently than regular product updates are released.

ISOLINUX Bootable Media has several boot parameters that may help overcome possible issues with booting and restoring the image. You can also set a specific VGA resolution in the ISOLINUX media if there an issue with the Graphical User Interface (GUI). Check the following article for more details. 

If the ISOLINUX CD works flawless for you, you can update Acronis Startup Recovery Manager in the following way:

Exclude kernel.dat and ramdisk.dat and replace the old ones. The files are located at:

* \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\kernel.dat

* \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\ramdisk.dat

After that reactivate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and see if the issue remains.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Dmitry Nikolaev

Plugin <em></em> Not Found | Plugin <em></em> Not Found
For more answers to your questions, try our Plugin <em></em> Not Found

newbie2323
Beginner

Dmitry:

Please provide link to iso image download based on isolinux (cant find in downloads)

Thank you

newbie2323
Beginner

Dmitry/any other moderator:

Please provide link to iso image download based on isolinux (cant find in downloads)

While i have a registered copy of true image 10, I am trying a trial version of True Image Home 2010 for a friend.

Unfortunately, I am getting the following error message:
"Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(1,0)"

While I would like to reccommend the purchase of True Image 2010 Home to my friend,
i will have to look at other products if i cant get help from you in a timely manner.

Response?????????

Ilya
Ilya's picture
Acronis Moderator

Hello newbie2323,

I have sent you a download link to the ISO image for Acronis True Image 2010 Home Trial via Private Message.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Ilya Rasovsky

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Torsten Hoff
Forum Member

I just encountered the same problem with a Lenovo T60 Thinkpad laptop when trying to back it up using True Image Home 2010. This happened with both a bootable CD and a USB thumb drive, and with or without "acpi=off noacpi" added to the startup parameters.

What finally fixed the problem for me was to disable USB CD and floppy boot support in the Thinkpad BIOS (hold down F1 when turning the computer on). Once that was done, the default True Image configuration without additional startup parameters worked without a hitch.

J V
Beginner

We are also getting this error when trying to boot to PXE or CD. I do not have a download option for the boot media in my account page.

tuttle
tuttle's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Login to your account. It's listed on the tab for "Bootable Media".

I am not staff and am not paid. I provide help on a volunteer basis on my own time.