7420: Receiving "Archive Open Error" When Searching on Drive C

3 replies [Last post]
Joseph Call
Beginner

I have a HP EliteBook 8730w running Windows XP SP3 with Acronis® True Image Home® version 11.0 (build 8,053).

I have used TIH to backup files to external hard drivesl over the past several months. Recently whenever I search my C: drive (regardless of the nature of the search) using Windows, I get the following message:

Archive Open Error
An error occurred when opening the backup archive:
Cannot continue the operation due to either the backup is corrupted or it is used by another process, for example the backup has been mounted as a disk.

and then the search doesn't stop, but doesn't find any more items. I shouldn't have back up archives on my C drive.

What do I do to stop this?

a a
Beginner

Same here, including USB drives where I have *.tib files...
Very bad. How do we stop it?

Charles Whyte
Beginner

i have the same problem.

Oleg
Oleg's picture
Acronis QA Engineer

Hello all,

Thank you for posting, I will be happy to help. 

Joseph, Since you experience the encountered issue, the archive files should be present at the partition where you start to search. Try to find them and move to another partition or delete. Unfortunately, there is no another solution for Acronis True Image 11 Home (it is an outdated one). Charles and a a, If you use the latest version of Acronis software available for now (i.e. Acrponis True Image Home 2010 or Acronis Backup & Recovery 10), please contact us via Live chat service or submit am e-mail request.  To get the access to Live chat service or e-mail support one should go to this page, under Contact us click on the Start here button, select Have questions. From the pop up select Technical issue with product. Select FULL Version selection \Select product from drop down box (the license should be registered).  Choose Live chat or Submit a request via web form. We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. If the provided information is not clear or if you have any other questions do not hesitate to post them and we will be glad to answer. Thank you.

Oleg Lee

Acronis QA Team