7470: TI 2010 (6053) mount image hangs in Win xp SP3 (home)

4 replies [Last post]
Michael Sayers
Beginner

I upgraded from TI11 in anticipation of changing to Win 7 with a fallback to my xp just in case of any issues

All apears to work ok until I try to mount a backup, TI hangs, when I go to task manager I can kill it - but then my PC locks up completely and I have to reboot

I can mount ok in "read only"
I read that some antispyware causes this so I removed supersantipyware - no difference

I've done all the usual windows housekeeping stuff and memcheck ran 6 passes fine with no errors

Any ideas?
Thanks

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Michael Sayers,

Thank you very much for your post. I will be happy to assist you.

Please make sure you have the latest build of our software installed. The most current one for Acronis True Image 2010 Home is 7046.

After that, I would recommend to check this article, it lists a few steps to troubleshoot issues with mounting backups. If the article fails to help, please submit a support request with AcronisInfo report and our support engineers will be able to assist you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Glen A.T.I. Williams
Beginner

Hello Anton,

Acronis True Image Home 2010 (ver. 13.0.7046) hangs my Windows XP pro sp3 system.

I back up my C: drive (the entire disk with header info) then validate it. Fine.

Then I try to mount it and at that point, the system becomes unresponsive (even to CTRL-ALT-DEL.) I have to reboot. There are no USB devices plugged in and no encryption security software is running.

Is there a solution to this problem? Or is it fixed in Acronis True Image Home 2011?

Thanks.

Daniel Beard
Beginner

I'm having the same issue in XP sp3 with TI 2010. My laptop died and I'm trying to access the data in an image. I backed it up with build 7046 (latest), I installed build 7046 on xp. All the image files are in the same directory, the backup was validated. I only mounted the partition with data. When I try to mount it the system becomes unresponsive. I've got to hit power or reset. Not happy with that because it might corupt my image. I really need this to work.

Karl Pritchard
Beginner

About a year ago I posted my problems trying to mount an Acronis image. The system would hang, or I'd get unusual error messages. Usually, a re-boot was required to recover. The problem then turned out to be a very recent automatic update to my McAfee antivirus software. I contacted McAfee, and they did not intend to correct the problem in the (then) foreseeable future, so I had to drop my McAfee. Maybe your problem is in an Acronis-unrelated program. You can read my posts here about mounting hanging the computer. I think that the thread number is 3749.