Acronis Migrate Easy will not install
A couple months back, I downloaded the trial version of Migrate Easy, installed it, and cloned a hard drive with it. Everything worked fine, except the hard drive kept crashing and I had to return it to Newegg. Since then, I've received a new hard drive to replace the one I'd previously bought, but unfortunately my Acronis Migrate Easy free trial had expired. I went ahead and bought the full version, and to my dismay, when I tried to install it, the trial version did not recognize the fact that I had bought the full version and kept telling me to go to the Acronis webpage rather than letting me into the program. I proceeded to uninstall Acronis Migrate Easy. Now, when I try to install Migrate Easy from scratch, I keep getting an error that tells me that setup has been interrupted and that I need to try again. I've tried everything, and I'm not able to install this program. I've never had this sort of problem with software before, so it's strange. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed considering that I paid money for a program that worked fine as a trial but no longer even installs when I have the full version.
Any help from Acronis support would be greatly appreciated. If I cannot install this program, I hope that I can get my money back.
Thanks for your time and help in offering any potential solutions. If there is a better way for me to get support for this issue apart from this forum, would be great to know.
Thank you for purchasing Acronis Migrate Easy 7.0
First of all, let me apologize for the delay with response to your thread.
As far as I understand, you're trying to replace trial version with the full one and installation rolls back with message about interruption? If yes, there are several possible causes of the issue:
-Some traces in your registry (from trial version) cannot be removed
-The installation package for new version is broken (or downloaded with error)
Thus, please do the following to resolve the issue:
-Completely remove all versions of Acronis Migrate Easy from your PC, there are two ways to do so (if first does not help, please try a second one):
-Follow to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs; choose the product and hit Remove
-Run the installation package from your trial version and you will be prompted to choose between Modify, Repair or Remove. Choose Remove
Restart your PC
If you forgot your password, please follow the link.
After that, check that your package is downloaded correctly by comparing its checksums:
- Download a free checksum utility
- Unpack and run the application. Browse and select the installation package you have downloaded;
- Click the "Start" button;
- The MD5 value for MigrateEasy7.0.644_s_en.exe must be fd2d1b76f3f7774fd894505062e82b3b
If the MD5 value is not fd2d1b76f3f7774fd894505062e82b3b then you need to re-download your Acronis product.
Please also delete all files in \Documents and Settings\[Account Name]\Local Settings\Temp\ folder. Please note, that the folder may be hidden, you can open it by issuing Start -> Run -> "%temp%" command without a quotes. If some files cannot be deleted, please reboot your computer and repeat deleting.
If MD5 matches and you have uninstalled the product correctly, but the issue still persists, please let us investigate the issue and collect MSI log (this log will help me to find the step where installation fails and give you the solution):
- Launch the installation file
- Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install. You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract
- Select the path for extracting the component and click Save
- Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i path&msi-name /l*v log-name.log, where the path&msi-name is a path and name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and the log-name is a name of the log file to be generated. The log file will be saved to the folder where you extracted the MSI file.
For example if you have extracted the AcronisTrueImage.msi to the C:\ directory then you should run the following command:
msiexec /i C:\AcronisTrueImage.msi /l*v C:\inst.log
- Reproduce the problem and attach the log created from installation to your answer in this thread.
Please note that if there are any spaces in the path&msi-name, you should change them to _ symbol.
Additionally to this, you are welcome to ask me any other questions concerning Acronis, and I will assist you further. I would also appreciate if you could post the results here.
We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.