Skip to main content

"The system is being configured..." hangs

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 3

We seem to have sucessfully created a master image, but when it comes to deploying it to a dozen laptops (all with the same hardware specification) they reboot a couple of times while the system is being configured and SID changes are taking effect, then reboot for a third time and simply hang at the configuration screen. We left them for over an hour but still no luck. We removed the anti virus (CA) and attempted it this way, but with the same results. All the logs indicate that deployment was finished without any errors or warnings, and the licenses have been distributed to these machines. We are using Snap Deploy (build 3292). All help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Users found this helpful
Frequent Poster
Comments: 942

Hello Heath,

Thank you for using Acronis Products

The issue needs a closer investigation. I would recommend you create new support case using this link and provide detailed description of the issue and your computer hardware configuration. 

Beginner

**Has there been any progress on this? We are coming to the end of our school holidays and have a couple of hundred machines to re image before next week.

Beginner
Comments: 1

I have this same issue. It just hangs right after. I've left it for over 3 hours, and still nothing. Please assist. This is stopping production.

Forum Star
Comments: 3268

Hello all!

Thank you for all your comments and for finding time to report about the issue. I completely understand your concern, and will be glad to help you with it.

This issue may occur due to several reasons, so we will need to investigate each situation separately. I would appreciate if you could kindly send us the following information: 

1. From the source machine:
    - Download AcronisInfo
    - Run the downloaded file.

The gathered information will be put in AcronisInfo.zip in the same folder, where the AcronisInfo was saved.

This information will allow us to take a closer look at the Acronis product state and logs.

2. Please send us a copy of %Windows%\Debug\ folder from the restored system (after boot up) and the logs of Snap Deploy "patcher", the names of which look like "os_patcher[dd.mm.yy].log" and are located in %Windows%\System32\ folder.
  3. If there is a window with message saying that the system is being patched and it prevents you from logging into Windows, then please click on the red "X" to close the window. This should allow you to log into the system.
  4. Please zip and send us the following log files that reside on the computer you have the Acronis OS Deploy Server component installed on:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\FileServer\Logs (in Windows Vista/2008 it is ProgramData\FileServer\Logs)Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DeployServer\ (in Windows Vista/208 it is ProgramData\DeployServer\)

5. Please obtain PCAP logs from Acronis OS Deploy Server machine when the issue occurs and specify the OS Deploy server machine IP address 

Please kindly contact us with the data gathered, we will review it and find a suitable solution for your particular case.

Should you have any further questions or face any issue with gathering the diagnostic information, please, kindly leave a comment here, and we will definitely help you!

Thank you in advance for cooperation!

Beginner

I am having this issue as well. The image is a clean Windows 10 image.  Unfortuantely, I can not get to any files on the restored machine because it is stuck on that screen.

Forum Moderator
Comments: 4423

Frank Savastano wrote:

I am having this issue as well. The image is a clean Windows 10 image.  Unfortuantely, I can not get to any files on the restored machine because it is stuck on that screen.

Hello Frank

welcome to Acronis forums! Please start a new thread via https://forum.acronis.com/node/add/forum and provide the following information, so that we can have better understanding of your issue and give more precise advice

- What product version and build is used here
- How exactly have you performed recovery of your Windows 10 image
- Are you restoring to the same or different hardware

Thank you in advance!

Beginner

I am using Snap Deploy 5 version 5.0.1.877

I create a Master Image, it is saved on the same machine where snap deploy is. I create a template (I have done over 200 machines the past two years).

I am restoring the same model pc/hardware

Forum Moderator
Comments: 4423

Frank Savastano wrote:

I am using Snap Deploy 5 version 5.0.1.877

Thank you for your reply! Please create a new topic in Acronis Snap Deploy 5 forum.