Skip to main content

True Image 2013 Plus Pack WinPE 4.0 (Windows 8) - How to

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 5

Thanks for the quick answer. Do You mean in the BertPE subdir the winpe.zip?

I replaced TrueImage.exe from the previous build 5551, but after booting the trueimage_starter.exe doesn't start TrueImage.exe. Direct starting of TrueImage.exe is not possible (error message).

Beginner
Comments: 1

Hello all here,

I need your help, how make acronis bootable cd/dvd after to save documents from damaged windows by it?

Forum Star
Comments: 1988

Laszlo Kapos wrote:

Thanks for the quick answer. Do You mean in the BertPE subdir the winpe.zip?

I replaced TrueImage.exe from the previous build 5551, but after booting the trueimage_starter.exe doesn't start TrueImage.exe. Direct starting of TrueImage.exe is not possible (error message).

Sounds like you used TrueImage.exe from the Programs File of build 5551. It will not run in WinPE. You need to unzip WinPE.zip from build 5551 and use that version of TrueImage.exe. See post #90 in this thread for additional instructions.

Beginner
Comments: 5

Thank again for Your assistance: It works now fine. After 2 days of unsuccessfull "experiments"... It's really not Your failure, but for all forum readers again: It seems, that the new ATI version has more problems as advantages. Acronis should warn in the front, that there are known dramatic failures! Anybody can make failures, but it's a gall, that customers need to solve problems...

Beginner
Comments: 10

Hi,
i've installed Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 8 and WAIK.
But inside Part 5 i get this errormessage:

System is Windows 7 64Bit

Attachment Size
131562-107833.jpg 14.37 KB
Forum Member
Comments: 31

Hi Conquerer_01 : see posts 83 through to 90 (sheet 2). The way of producing a winpe4 disk is slighty different with latest acronis version - does not need waik either. Also see caution re. version if you use gpt disks

Beginner
Comments: 9

This is very frustrating. I bought ver. 6514 and it can not see my mouse and key board. I am told that ver. 5551 can't be used to restore backups from ver. 6514 but it sees my keyboard and mouse. I have now installed plus pack and followed the instructions in the OP to build a WinPE disc and keep getting the error that I should install Plus Pack on a machine that has Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK) installed on it (at step 4), even though I have installed it as well as Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 8. Any advice?

Here is the exact error: "To be able to modify WinPE 2.0 or WinPE 3.0 images, install Acronis WinPE ISO Builder on a computer where Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) is installed"

Edit: I see others are having the same problem. http://forum.acronis.com/forum/41255 I guess I need to uninstall everything and download ver. 5551 which seems to work with everything.

Forum Hero
Comments: 8747

Lance,

You can use build 5551 recovery CD to recover build 6514 images. If you are using a PC with W8 and or Secure Boot, you need to ensure that the 5551 recovery CD incorporates the Secure Boot /UEFI patch. If you are using W7 or W8 on a non EUFI/Secure Boot PC the 5551 CD is good to go.

Beginner
Comments: 16

James,

In spite of your excellent instructions, I am unable to create a WinPE boot disk.
My system:
- Lenovo i5 Ideapad
- Win8 64 bit
- GPT formatted SSD
- True Image 2013 build 6514 w/ Plus Pack

To the best of my knowledge I’ve followed your instructions and other instructions from Acronis to the letter. Depending on whose instructions I’m following I get the following error messages during the create WinPE boot disk process.

“To be able to modify WinPE 2.0 or WinPE 3.0 images, install Acronis WinPE ISO Builder on a computer where Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) is installed.”

“Error occurred while creating the image.”

I’ve tried a lot of suggestions including clearing the Temp directory, but nothing, absolutely nothing I try works. I’m no dummy when it comes to computers, so I’m guessing the problem is with my system rather than my inability to follow instructions. But you never know, maybe I'm not as smart as I think I am :-)

I thought that by making a PE boot disk I would solve the problem of True Image Boot Media not seeing by GPT SSD, but I read where that’s a bug in True View and a fix is coming soon. So I really don’t need to make a WinPE boot disk, but it bugs me that I can’t.

Regards, John

P.S. After posting this message I tried Mustang's WinPE Builder and it WORKED! I now have a WinPE 4 boot disk with True Image 2013 installed. Thanks Mustang. By the way, True Image 2013 as run from the WinPE boot disk still doesn't see my SSD. Note to Acronis: FIX IT!

Forum Star
Comments: 2760

John,

The WinPE and Linux versions of the Rescue Media for build 6514 do not recognize GPT disks for cloning or disk/partition backups, but can see the disk for file/folder backups. Additionally, you should not use the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, or try and perform any full disk or OS partition restores to your GPT disk from within in Windows, as the same problems exist with regards to the GPT disk problem when Acronis load its recovery environment (outside of Windows during boot).

We are all waiting for this fix.

I would HIGHLY suggest that you have a copy of the 2013 build 5551 Rescue Media handy (and tested) in case restores of the OS are necessary.

Data only restores from disk/partition and file/folder backup images work okay from the build 6514 version of the Rescue Media (WinPE or Linux based).

Forum Star
Comments: 1988

Hi John,

You're welcome.

You have 2 options to fix the GPT problem on your WinPE 4.0 disk:

1. Keep build 6514 and replace C:\Program Files or Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE\Files\TrueImage.exe with the same file from build 5551 and rebuild the WinPE disk. Keeping all the BarPE\Files from build 6514 and just replacing TrueImage.exe with the file from build 5551 seem to work fine.

2. Uninstall both the Plus Pack and True Image build 6514 and install both from build 5551 and rebuild the WinPE disk. You will see build 5551 downloads available from your Acronis account.

For myself, I used option 2 above. I just kept build 5551 on my Windows 8 system. I didn't see any value for me in build 6514. Keep in mind there are 3 patches for build 5551 available in the forum (a com surrogate patch, a scheduler patch and the hotfix for Windows 8 Secure boot patch).

Beginner
Comments: 1

I'm getting this error when trying to use the ISO builder with the .wim file"To be able to build WinPE 2.0 or WinPE 3.0 images, install Acronis WinPE ISO Builder on a computer where Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) is installed."

Beginner
Comments: 3

. .

PT
Beginner
Comments: 10

Excuse me, but this has nothing to do with the Subject of this thread.

Can you please create a new thread and provide a descriptive subject ?