Skip to main content

Can't mount TIB

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 13

Hello, double clicking a TIB file in 2017 doesn't do anything for me.

I've done some searching and tried installed 

tib_mounter_setup_2637.msi

Ive also deleted everything out of 

%userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Database

I have no explorer right click option for TrueImage.

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Hero
Comments: 7341

Since you also have no file explorer option, I'd say that your install is missing something.  If you have the original installer (if not, grab it from your online account and download it locally), right click and "run as administrator".  Then you should be prompted to "repair" or "uninstall".  

I would try to repair it first and see if that helps.  If not, you may want to consider doing a complete uninstall and "fresh" reinstall.  The downside to the cleanup is you will be starting fresh with new backup tasks (you can keep your old backup files and add them back or just hold onto them for an offline recovery if need be).  The upside, should be that you have a perfect and very clean install with better reliability moving forward.  if you do go for the cleanup... follow these instructions...

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/126092#comment-391779

Beginner
Comments: 13

Repair worked, thanks!

Forum Hero
Comments: 7341

Easy enough and am glad it worked out with a simple repair. 

Ensuring to run any application (installer or uninstaller) by using the right-click and "run as administrator" option (even if already logged in with an admin account), would always be my recommendation.  Logging in just as an administrator and running executables or installers, does not guarantee that full admin access is given for the task with the way UAC is implemented in Windows.  

You can test/verify this by opening a regular command prompt (using an admin account) and running:

C:\>nbtstat -R
    Failed to Purge the NBT Remote Cache Table.

It should show a failure to run, which is because there are not enough privileges being used.  Then, do the same thing, with the same admin account, but using a command prompt that was opened by right clicking and using the option to "run as administrator"

C:\Windows\system32>nbtstat -R
    Successful purge and preload of the NBT Remote Cache Name Table.

It should show a success this time because it now has the additional privilieges needed

The same behavior can determine if a deeply embedded application like Acronis True Image will have the necessary access to make the changes necessary for a proper installation or uninstallation.  

Hopefully this little trick will server you well down the road for any software you install or uninstall down the road too!