Skip to main content

Data storage

Thread needs solution
Forum Member
Comments: 10

Hello,

I`m using Acronis True Image 2017 on my Server WHS 2011. Backup was save files from a disc E: to a disc g:.

Today I got an errormessage by mail "Backup failed". Reason: The specified file does not exist.

O.K. What file does not exist? Why is not the file specified. Typical of the modern programming style.

Then I punched "Show details" and I was routed to https://eu4-cloud.acronis.com/bc/#m=Resources&key=all&id=phm.5DE40027-A652-45FC-834A-73E03622343240AAB70977-B8F0-48F8-958C-3647809B7247.disks&s=1 on my browser.

I think the storage place for these datas shown in my browser are not on my computer disks or?

Can someone explain where the location https://eu4-cloud.acronis.com...... is?

Thanks

Wolfgang

Attachment Size
Unbenannt.pdf 62.19 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 17565

Wolfgang, if your backup is from your disc E: to a disc g: then this is purely a local backup task and storage location.

The screen image in your PDF document is simply a view of the backup tasks you have as shown on the Acronis Cloud Dashboard (hosted on the EU4 Cloud server).

I would recommend downloading the MVP Log Viewer Tool (from the Community Tools link in my signature) and using this to review the backup log file for the context of your error message, which should then tell you what file doesn't exist?

Forum Member

Thanks for your help.

I don´t want to have my datas on the EU4 Cloud server. Is it possible to stop the True Image transfering datas to the server?

Wolfgang

Legend

Wolfgang, none of your data is on the EU4 Cloud server and is not being transferred there - the Dashboard just contains information about any backup tasks you have created and allows you a degree of control over the same via that Dashboard.

Forum Member

Hello,

I can´t belive that. Why is the progrmm transfering any data`s to the EU4 Cloud.

I have not given any consent to store any data in a cloud. When I buy a backup program, I do not want want to copy data to any location other than my computer.

This behavior of the program is not in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.

How can I adjust the programm that no data`s will transfer?

Wolfgang

Legend

Wolfgang, I can only say again that it is not transferring any of your user data to the cloud server, only information about your backup task status.  If you don't want this, then sign-out from your Acronis Account via the Account page option in the ATI GUI, but ensure that you have a serial number to use for activating the product.  You can also stop the Acronis Managed Machine Service Mini which provides the communication to the Dashboard.

See KB 61624: Acronis True Image 2019: Windows services and processes