Acronis Backup (BU) Using Rotating USB Drives
I've been working with Steve Smith (Acronis MVP) to develop a procedure "Acronis Backup (BU) Using Rotating USB Drives" using the Windows Task Scheduler and would greatly appreciate a review by others seeking a similar solution. I have attached the latest version of the PDF for the procedure. I have it working on one PC but it fails on a 2nd PC. I had attempted to use the Pre/Post commands in ATI but could not get it to work and then started down the path to use the Windows Task Scheduler.
Following are what I think are some relevant details regarding the two laptop PCs.
- Windows 10 x64
- One internal HD with two partitions, e.g. C & E, 698GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075 (SATA), no special security
- One USB test drive has Bitlocker applied
- One USB test drive does NOT have BitLocker applied, both drives are available in my office
- Location of BAT file E:\BackupToCorrectDrive.BAT
- Windows 10 x64
- One internal HD with ONE partition, e.g. C, 238GB INTEL SSDSC2KW256G8 (SATA (SSD)). Bitlocker has been applied to this drive. Security is a major concern.
- The two USB backup drives (4TB drives) both have Bitlocker applied.
- Location of BAT file C:\ATI\BackupToCorrectDrive.BAT
- I can execute the BAT file and it will work, e.g. ATI creates the BU, but when the Windows Task Scheduler runs the BAT file the backup is NOT created. I've searched the internet for a solution, this seems to be a common problem with the Task Scheduler and BAT files, but none of the suggested solutions have been successful for me. I suspect that there is possibly a security issue with the BAT file being on the "C" partition.
- I have limited remote access to this PC.
I've attempted to verify the setups and ensure basically they are the same where possible.
The attached PDF has more details. I'm open for suggestions to enhance the document.
On my PC I have the two "Acronis Backup (BU) Using Rotating USB Drives" files (MS Word and PDF) in a dropbox and will share the dropbox if you are interested and possibly desire to modify the word file. Currently, the tracking option is turned on so I can easily see what has changed.