Skip to main content

Ransomware Failed Login

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 2

Unable to log into the Ransomware account as it keeps displaying invalid credentials.

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Moderator
Comments: 4338

Hi,

Welcome to Acronis forums! First of all, make sure you can log in to https://account.acronis.com/#/auth/login using the same credentials. If login works, check out solutions from the article https://kb.acronis.com/content/57042

Let me know if that was helpful

Beginner

I am able to log into my account on the website and the forums with no issue.

I have checked windows firewall to confirm that app is not being blocked.  I even turned off windows firewall to double check.

There are no outbound ports being blocked my firewall.

There are no entries in my host file.

I am using the new Windows 10 1809 though.

I still receive that the email or password is invalid.

Forum Moderator
Comments: 4338

Hello Chad,

Thank you for checking the steps from the article. One more hint to try: did you register an account from the product or on Acronis website? I'd suggest testing an opposite way (register a new account on the website, if you initially did from the product or try to sign up using the in-product window). If login works , I'll help you to change the registration email in a new account. 

Beginner

I initially registered the account through the product registration window.  

I believe I may have discovered a bug in the application.  (or maybe a coincidence)  

Installed the application on another pc and tried to login - failed same error

Went to the only pc that I was able to log in before (1st initial install) and signed out of the automatic sign in - tried to sign back in - failed same error.

I have updated my password again and now it works.

The application may not like special characters to be used in the password.  I updated my password and excluded special characters (I.e. !,@,#,$) and now I am able to log in.

I am now logged in on all pcs.  You may want to have the developers look at that to see if it truly was the issue.

I would test it further but I am finally logged in - don't want to mess with it.