Skip to main content

Restore TIB image backup file to data drive without installing Acronis

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 3

I will NOT be using Acronis on my new PC, but I do need to be able to access the TIB disk image files that I created previously and saved on an external hard drive. Those TIB image files were created by Acronis 2016 using my previous PC.

I would think that Acronis would have available a free downloadable Windows application that is simply for accessing and restoring TIB files, and cannot do backups. Is there such a downloadable program?

Note that are no system compatability issues. This is simply restoring an image of a Windows data drive to a new blank data drive on a different PC.

Note also that I do not to restore the files selectively from the TIB. I want to do an image restore to an new blank hard drive. However, if I can select all files and have them restored to the new disk with all properties intact, including dates on directories, that would do the trick.

Tony

Acronis 2016
Windows 10

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Comments: 16026

Anthony, welcome to these public User Forums.

There are no free downloadable Windows application that is simply for accessing and restoring TIB files - you will need to either install your ATI 2016 application for the time while you do the restore, or else use the Acronis Rescue Media to boot your computer and do the restore offline from Windows.

If needed you should be able to download a copy of the Rescue Media ISO file from your Acronis account and burn this to a CD.

Beginner

>> Where/how can I download the Acronis rescue media?

Thanks for the reply! I'm bummed to hear that there isn't a user-friendly way to migrate away from Acronis. It doesn't sound like a lot to ask for, but I guess once you're no longer a customer that they don't have much motivation to help you.

I'm sure your suggested solution to the problem will work ~ using the Acronis Rescue Media. My PC doesn't have a CD drive, but I'll put it on a USB thumb drive, and then go into my BIOS options set my PC's boot order to boot from that.

Where/how can I download the Acronis rescue media?

Thanks again!

Tony

Beginner

>> Where/how can I download the Acronis Rescue Media? <<

Thanks for you reply. I think that will work.

My PC doesn't have a CD drive, but I know I can load the Rescue Media onto a USB thumb drive, and then go into my BIOS settings and change my boot order to boot from the thumb drive before the system drive. That's an incredibly low-level and dangerous way to solve a simple and straight forward problem ~ users should never have to alter BIOS settings and boot into a foreign operating system just to access their backups ~ but if that's the only way, I guess I'll do it!

Thanks again,

Tony

Legend
Comments: 16026

Tony, you need to sign in to your Acronis Account on the main acronis.com site, where provided you have registered your ATI 2016, you will see that product listed along with Download links to both the Installer code and an ISO image of the rescue media.

Beginner

Great! Thank you!