Skip to main content

Registration

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 4

I have just installed Acronis Free Ransomware Protection.  Is there a serial number?  Do I get updates for any new versions of the products.

Thank you.

0 Users found this helpful
Forum Moderator
Comments: 4546

Hi! 

Welcome to Acronis forums! You won't need a serial number for activation, just sign in to your Acronis account if you already have one or create an account at the welcome page that shows up when you start the app. For more details read https://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/AcronisRansomwareProtection/index.html#33594.html

> Do I get updates for any new versions of the products.

Yes, there should be notifications in the product informing about new updates and we also do announcements here on forums. 

Beginner

Ekaterina Surkova wrote:

Hi! 

Welcome to Acronis forums! You won't need a serial number for activation, just sign in to your Acronis account if you already have one or create an account at the welcome page that shows up when you start the app. For more details read https://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/AcronisRansomwareProtection/index.html#33594.html

> Do I get updates for any new versions of the products.

Yes, there should be notifications in the product informing about new updates and we also do announcements here on forums. 

Thanks very much.

Beginner

Pardon me for being a bit dim !    I am registered (is there somewhere I can change the given password to something more memorable for me?).

Does this mean that all my data is backed up to the cloud?

Forum Moderator

Sure, you can re-set your password as follows How to reset password for your Acronis account

>Does this mean that all my data is backed up to the cloud? 

If you only have Acronis Ransomware Protection installed on your system, then yes, Acronis Cloud is the only possible storage option. If you're looking for a more comprehensive solution to protect and manage your data, I'd recommend taking a look at Acronis True Image 2019 - this product offers such features as system and data backup, support of multiple storage locations including local, network and Cloud, protection against ransomware and cryptomining as well.

Beginner

Finally (I hope!), when i switch on, I often get a message that Acronis failed to backup.  I presume that when it was last 'due' the machine was switched off?   I therefore presume that it will catch up next time it is 'due'.

Beginner

Any help on my query above?

Forum Moderator

Martiin Rosen wrote:

Finally (I hope!), when i switch on, I often get a message that Acronis failed to backup.  I presume that when it was last 'due' the machine was switched off?   I therefore presume that it will catch up next time it is 'due'.

Hello Martiin,

Acronis Ransomware Protection checks for data changes every 15 minutes and automatically uploads them to Acronis Cloud, however the schedule is not applied when the PC is off. 

Log files may shed more light on the situation. Please attach the following log files to the thread

application-service from C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ARPApplicationService\Logs 

arp from C:\ProgramData\Acronis\ARPLogs 

Thank you,