Skip to main content

Unable to Sign in - The email or password is incorrect

Thread needs solution
VAD
Beginner
Comments: 2

I am unable to sign in the application.

I am using the correct user name (email) and the correct password (created on site)!

How can I use the app....?

PS: I am not signed in from the browser at the same time...!!! - Any help or solution ?

Thank you in advance

Attachment Size
2018-01-28_16-27-28.png 65.27 KB
0 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Comments: 1

Same for me

I can log in acronis site but I can't sign in the application

Regular Poster
Comments: 385

Hello VAD and Kiril Metodiev,

Thank you for reporting!

We have found and resolved the issue with your accounts, could you try again and let me know whether the login works now?

In reply to by Renata Gubaydullina

VAD
Beginner

Hello Renata,

It worked for me.

Thank you very much for your concern...

Regards,

Regular Poster

VAD,

Thank you for checking! We will be waiting for your opinion on the program. :)

Beginner
Comments: 3

I have exactly the same problem as the others! I can login successfully to the Acronis site, but the Ransomware app doesn't recognise my login.

System: Windows 10 64-bit running Firefox

In reply to by Chris Rowbury

Beginner

Me too. How can you make a (very useful) program that needs Acronis expert intervention for every user? Please make it so I can log in to Ransomware Protection just like I can to Acroins main web site.

System=Win7-32

VAD
Beginner

You bet....!!!

Regards,

Regular Poster

Hello Chris Rowbury and Andy Flack,

We have been fixing the issue manually while we were preparing and testing the hotfix. We could not provide our users with an untested version of the program and testing took us some time.

But now the fix is available:

https://download.acronis.com/AcronisProtectionSetup.exe

Please, install it and let me know the issue status.

Beginner

Thanks Renata. You must have manually fixed it for me in any case as I could login OK this morning. I've just applied the fix and everything seems to be working fine.

Regular Poster

We did as I was not sure whether the fix is released early. I will be waiting for your opinion on the program!

Beginner

Renata, I've just had to uninstall the software.

I use the Thunderbird email client and discovered that when I tried to add an attachment the program stopped responding. The only thing that had changed was that I'd installed the Acronis software. Now that I've uninstalled it, Thunderbird is working fine.

Regular Poster

Chris, would there be a possibility to reproduce the issue and collect some logs? We would really like to investigate it.

Beginner
Comments: 4

Hi Renata,

I also have the email or password incorrect message & I have already tried using the fixed version from the link above.

I have signed in to my account in a browser just to make sure my login details are correct.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Beginner

Hi Renata,

Unfortunately I have the exact same issue, I am unable to log in to the Acronis Ransomware Protection software, I can log into the website with the exact same credentials but not into the software. I also tried the new version in the link you gave but the problem persists.

Please could you assist with a fix for this.

Thanks

Beginner

Hi Renata,

I have have the exact same problem, I am unable to log into the software either but I can log into the website, I get the same error as well. Please can you fix my account.

Thanks

Beginner

I tried to install the update and I am having the same problem as others with email/password not accepted

Beginner

I tried to install the update and I am having the same problem as others with email/password not accepted

Forum Moderator
Comments: 4544

Mark Tamashiro wrote:

Hello Mark,

do you have any special characters (I.e. !,@,#,$) in your password?  

Beginner

I can install Ransomware Protection but when I try to sign into the Application it tells me the Email or Password is incorrect. 

Forum Moderator

Joe Barbuto wrote:

I can install Ransomware Protection but when I try to sign into the Application it tells me the Email or Password is incorrect. 

Hi Joe

welcome to Acronis forums! The same question - do you have any special characters (I.e. !,@,#,$) in your password? Is it possible to log in using the same credentials to https://account.acronis.com/#/auth/login

Thank you in advance!

Beginner

I have the same problem.

I can login to my Acronis account but not into Ransomware Protection, and I do have a ! in my password.

Beginner

After update my other a/c is not logging in, showing incorrect password error

Beginner

I'm still having this problem, has there been no fix yet?

I can login to my Acronis account but not into Ransomware Protection. I'm using Build 1700.

Beginner

I have a similar issue. 

I can log in to my Acronis account however not into Ransomware Protection, and I do have a ! in my secret phrase.

Beginner

Another one with the same issue. Can login to Acronis.com but cannot sign in to Ransomware Protection. Please help

Beginner

Any update on this? It been going on for over 6 months.

If you are not signed into Ransomware Protection does it continue to provide protection as long as its running?

I think it may be something to do with the email address being used by another Acronis service.

I also use Acronis Cloud Backup. 

Using email address 1 I can login to Acronis Cloud Backup, my Acronis account but not into Ransomware Protection.

If I create second Acronis account using email address 2 that is not associated with my Acronis Cloud Backup. Then on my same laptop that Ransomware Protection is installed on and wont login using email address 1, it will login using email address 2.

Forum Moderator

MB13977 wrote:

Using email address 1 I can login to Acronis Cloud Backup, my Acronis account but not into Ransomware Protection.

If I create second Acronis account using email address 2 that is not associated with my Acronis Cloud Backup. Then on my same laptop that Ransomware Protection is installed on and wont login using email address 1, it will login using email address 2. 

Hi! I've reported your issue to the developement and will let you know once it's fixed.  

Beginner

I have just discovered ARP and it sounds like a great app. Installed on a test machine and getting the same problem as everyone else, invalid email/password and I know the credentials are correct. Its not very encouraging that some of you have had this issue for 6 months

Forum Moderator

Hello Paul,

sorry to know about the issue! If you have other Acronis products registered to the same account, there might be conflicts. Such conflicts can only be fixed manually by Acronis engineers on the case-by-case basis, which is not possible for the freeware product due to the current support policy.

As the workaround, we recommend using an empty account for Acronis Ransomware Protection app. This free product was initially designed for new users who don't have Acronis products yet. If you are using Acronis Backup 12.5\Acronis Cyber Cloud or Acronis True Image, then the Active Protection module is already built in and you don't need to install Acronis Ransomware Protection. 

Beginner

Hi, just created a new account on the acronis website, confirmed it and logged out and back in to verify the account login works. This is a new account with nothing registered. Just installed ARP on another machine and tried to login using this new account and I am still getting invalid email/password....what gives ?

Beginner

Just discovered that ARP doesn't work nicely with proxy internet connection, we have to have proxy connection for security reasons, I can add a bypass if I knew the URL that ARP is trying to connect to

Beginner

Sorted, I added a proxy bypass for acronis.com, the ransomware protection can now log into the account. I'm using this for several computers, there is a problem if multiple users log onto the same PC, it will logout the ransomware protection if a different user logs onto windows

Forum Moderator

Paul West wrote:

Just discovered that ARP doesn't work nicely with proxy internet connection, we have to have proxy connection for security reasons, I can add a bypass if I knew the URL that ARP is trying to connect to

Paul, thank you for taking the time to share the outcome with the community. We've published a KB article about proxy support in Acronis Ransomware Protection https://kb.acronis.com/content/61274