Skip to main content

Acronis Backup Gateway in Azure - Deployment Failure

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 3

Hi,

Trying to deploy Acronis Backup Gateway and the deployment fails on the Virtual Machine Extension with the status of "Conflict" during provisioning.

Status contains the following..

---------------------------------------

"{    "status": "Failed",

"error": {

"code": "ResourceDeploymentFailure",

"message": "The resource operation completed with terminal provisioning state 'Failed'.",

"details": [

{

"code": "VMExtensionProvisioningError",

"message": "VM has reported a failure when processing extension 'InitializeStorage'. Error message: \"Enable failed: failed to execute command: command terminated with exit status=1\n[stdout]\n\n[stderr]\n\"\r\n\r\nMore information on troubleshooting is available at VMExtensionCSELinuxTroubleshoot "

}

]

}

}

----------------------------------------

I've tried deleting all resources and resource groups and tried deployment again but it just fails with the same error.

Thanks

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner

Spoken to support and they've asked me to contact Microsoft. Hhmmm, see what they say

Beginner

So I need an Azure support plan to contact them, yeah not doing that. They likely won't speak to me anyway as it's an Acronis custom VM, running Acronis custom scripts.

Don't know where to go from here... anyone?

Beginner

This has been resolved by Acronis Support.

However good to know it's pointless posting anything here in future, as no replies in 3 days.

Beginner
Comments: 1

Hi David,

I'm having the same issue right now. Can you please share with me what have Acronis Support done to solve it?

Thanks.

Forum Moderator
Comments: 5646

Ian Chin wrote:

Hi David,

I'm having the same issue right now. Can you please share with me what have Acronis Support done to solve it?

Thanks.

Hello Ian,

In our internal records, there is no details except that a new ABGW storage cluster was created and registered to solve the issue. Maybe the OP will share more details on the resolution. In any case, I'd recommend raising a support ticket, as the root cause for this issue might be different in your environment.