Recovery Vsphere Error
This is my customer problem.
- Acronis version: 12.5
- OS: CentOS 7
- Actual backup disk size: about 470 GB
- Virtualization equipment disk size: about 500GB
- Recovery Environment: vsphere (Because it is an old vsphere, there was no CentOS7 item in the equipment options, so I chose the Others Linux x64 value.)
- Recovery image options: 12.5 boot media builds of three types. (On target machines, UEFI, WinPE)
They backed up the groupware server's OS area (Disk1, sda1~4).
Then I tried to restore it to a virtualization device (vsphere).
The first used the image of the "on target machine" option.
1. There was a problem with the disk and volume mapping screen.
sda1 is mapped normally.
However, sda2~4 were not properly mapped. (Volume thrust phenomenon)
(Note: 01-mapping screen)
I expected the error to occur, but I tried recovery because there was no other way.
As a result, the following warning occurred.
2. Device media in /dev/loop0 is not supported for this operation.
Device media in /dev/loop1 is not supported for this operation.
(Note: 02-error screen, 03-error screen)
And when I tried to boot, the MBR error message didn't boot.
Second, when using the "UEFI" option image
Although the disk mapping structure is slightly different,
(Mapping: sda1 -> sda2, sda2 -> sda3, sda3 -> sda4, sda4 -> sda5)
The same warning was still issued when proceeding with recovery.
And when I tried to boot, the boot loader message didn't boot.
Third, when using the image of the "WinPE" option
The boot image did not recognize the disk itself, so I couldn't even map disks and volumes.
How can I proceed with recovery to this virtualization device?