Skip to main content

Recovery Server together with self hosted ACI storage possible?

Thread solved
Beginner
Comments: 6

Hi all!

We're an MSP an currently evaluating Acronis Cyber Cloud as a Backup and DR solution. I'm quite new to the show, so please excuse if some product names or terminologie is off.

We'd like to setup our own backup storage and attach it to the Acronis Cloud. This is done using Acronis Cloud Infrastructure, as far as I understood. One of the main features we want to sell our customers is the Acronis Disaster Recovery, where a VM-Copy is started in the Acronis data centers.

Now my question: Is it possible to use the Disaster Recovery when the backup data is (only) stored in our "private" ACI backup storage? Or does necessarily need to be stored in the "regular" Acronis Cloud backup storage?

Thank you much for your help & best regards

Mischa

0 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Comments: 24

Hi Mischa,

Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery is available in two editions:

Cloud - backup data is stored in Acronis Cloud. VM is spin up in Acronis Cloud. 

Hybrid - backup data is stored on-premise in Partner DC. VM is spin up on-premise in Partner DC.

Mixing is not possible.

As soon as you have own Cyber Infrastructure installation, you can enable compute functionality (if you have compute resources) on it and be one of the first adopters for Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery Hybrid.

Thanks,

Alexander

Beginner
Comments: 6

Alexander Kirov wrote:

Hi Mischa,

Acronis Cyber Disaster Recovery is available in two editions:

Cloud - backup data is stored in Acronis Cloud. VM is spin up in Acronis Cloud. 

Hybrid - backup data is stored on-premise in Partner DC. VM is spin up on-premise in Partner DC.

Mixing is not possible.

Hi Alexander

Thank you for your clarification and sorry for the late reply!

Mixing is not possible, that is now clear to me. Is it possible to use other, external Storage that is otherwise supported by Acronis (Amazon S3, Wasabi, Azure)?

Your help is appreciated & best regards

Mischa