Skip to main content

The server {1EF75F33-893B-4E8F-9655-C3D602BA4897} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Comments: 11

The issue is resolved in 2019 build 11118 on Windows 10.

Its a build I got from support  Don't know if its on the site?

Forum Moderator
Comments: 6922

Blackkatt wrote:

11118 is a custom build with the fix for this particular issue. According to the internal records, fixed code from this build should be included in the upcoming Update 3 for Acronis True Image 2019. 

Legend
Comments: 28026

Ekaterina wrote:

11118 is a custom build with the fix for this particular issue. According to the internal records, fixed code from this build should be included in the upcoming Update 3 for Acronis True Image 2019. 

Ekaterina, a plea to development please!  It would make everything a whole lot clearer if they could use build numbers which relate directly to the public builds instead of picking out of sequence build numbers.

We are currently on build 14690 for Update 2, so ideally instead of using 11118, a number after 14690 would have indicated to users that this is an upcoming fix in a future build, instead of looking like an issue that should have been fixed much earlier and included in 14690!

Forum Moderator

Steve Smith wrote:

Ekaterina, a plea to development please!  It would make everything a whole lot clearer if they could use build numbers which relate directly to the public builds instead of picking out of sequence build numbers.

We are currently on build 14690 for Update 2, so ideally instead of using 11118, a number after 14690 would have indicated to users that this is an upcoming fix in a future build, instead of looking like an issue that should have been fixed much earlier and included in 14690! 

Thank you, Steve, I'll raise the question of why we're naming the custom builds like this and if it's possible to name them differently. (your points are obvious to me, but prob there are reasons\internal logic for using not sequential naming)

Legend

Thanks, Ekaterina.

Forum Member
Comments: 27

I have the latest 2019 version, build 14690, but this error is still present.

Forum Hero
Comments: 8346

Ekaterina wrote:
Blackkatt wrote:

Vitaliy,

It looks like there is a custom, unreleased version that you can ask the developers for (open support ticket and reference this thread) that should fix it.  Alternatively, wait for the next official release - don't know when that is, but I imagine it won't be too long since they usually come out about quarterly. 

Forum Member

Okay, thanks! I'll wait for the official release.

Beginner
Comments: 6

Hello,

new update (Build 17750) for Acronis True Image 2019 installed. Unfortunatelly still the same issue!

Unbelievable!

Legend

The release notes for Update #3 build 17750 do not mention any fix for this issue being included so should not be that unbelievable other than the fact that some users have been offered a development build that had the fix included!

Forum Member

Steve Smith wrote:

The release notes for Update #3 build 17750 do not mention any fix for this issue being included so should not be that unbelievable other than the fact that some users have been offered a development build that had the fix included!

Promised that the fix will be in the next updates, but it is still not present. Do you need to ask the developers of the Assembly to resolve this problem, why not lay out a global update for all users?

Beginner

Steve Smith wrote:

The release notes for Update #3 build 17750 do not mention any fix for this issue being included so should not be that unbelievable other than the fact that some users have been offered a development build that had

the fix included!

I stay to "Unbelievable" that it takes so long to fix this bug 

Beginner
Comments: 2

Oh great, So after all these years of deny, only the 2019 version is getting an upgrade and even 2018 is already not supported anymore.

This is very dissapointing, I would have expected that since this is a real bug, also at least 2018 customers also would be provided with a fix for this.

So that's 2 unbelievable imho.

Beginner

I'm considering not buying Acronis anymore.

Forum Moderator

Hello Everyone,

To confirm - the fix for the issue is included in 17750, we've verified it in our environment and on the systems of the customers, who opened support tickets.

If updating to 17750 doesn't help:

- reinstall the build 17750 from scratch
- open a support ticket, if the issue still reproduces. 

Forum Member

Ekaterina wrote:

Hello Everyone,

To confirm - the fix for the issue is included in 17750, we've verified it in our environment and on the systems of the customers, who opened support tickets.

If updating to 17750 doesn't help:

- reinstall the build 17750 from scratch
- open a support ticket, if the issue still reproduces. 

I put the Assembly from scratch, it does not help. Even the new system.

Beginner

If updating to 17750 doesn't help, reinstall...!?

What do you think I'm doing the first time? Update was performed without error! How offen do I try? Not a trusty software given such hints.

Forum Member

If you install the Acronis and do not make backups, there are no errors in the log after the reboot. As soon as you make a backup, in manual or automatic mode, then in the process of restarting or shutting down the computer, the entire log is clogged with these errors.

p.s. But no.... after a normal reboot again clogged the entire log with these errors.

For two years I've probably been trying to convince the guys from Acronis to fix this mistake, but it seems they either do not care or they do not know what to do :)

Legend

Michael & Vitaliy, have you both opened a Support Case for this issue and made it clear that you are still seeing the same issue after updating to build #17750?

The chances are that this issue only happens on some computers in combination with other hardware or software factors otherwise there would many, many more reports in these forums, so the developers need to understand what makes your computers different than those they did their internal testing on?

I personally have not seen this issue at all on any of my computers running ATI 2017, 2018 & 2019.

Forum Member

Steve Smith wrote:

Michael & Vitaliy, have you both opened a Support Case for this issue and made it clear that you are still seeing the same issue after updating to build #17750?

Thank you Steve for participating, I wrote to tech support on this problem message, don't know if it helps. I've been trying to solve this for quite some time. Two years ago, they told me they were working on it. But still the problem is present.

Forum Moderator

Vitaliy Stelmakov wrote:
I wrote to tech support on this problem message, don't know if it helps. I've been trying to solve this for quite some time. Two years ago, they told me they were working on it. But still the problem is present.

Hello Vitaliy, 
I've found your recent support ticket and asked my colleagues to prioritize it. Feel free to contact me in PM, should you have any questions or concerns. 

Forum Member

Ekaterina wrote:
Vitaliy Stelmakov wrote:
I wrote to tech support on this problem message, don't know if it helps. I've been trying to solve this for quite some time. Two years ago, they told me they were working on it. But still the problem is present.

Hello Vitaliy, 
I've found your recent support ticket and asked my colleagues to prioritize it. Feel free to contact me in PM, should you have any questions or concerns. 

Ekaterina thank you!

Beginner

I've just opened a corresponding support ticket. I saw no reason to do this, because a fix was announced for build 17750. But if it helps...

Forum Member

Michael Wolf wrote:

I've just opened a corresponding support ticket. I saw no reason to do this, because a fix was announced for build 17750. But if it helps...

How are you doing with tech support, any progress?

Beginner

Vitaliy Stelmakov wrote:
Michael Wolf wrote:

Unbelievable! I pointed  to this forum thread. Additionally I sent an Acronis System Report. The feedback was that they could not find any problems with Acronis. In other words. Acronis is not the reason for the DCOM messages in my System log!  Ok. Last try. I sent the attached snapshot with the following comment:

Hello XXX,

I'm supprised about you result/conclusion. Maybe I can help you. Attached you will find a snapshot which shows clearly that Acronis (e.g. TIManagersProxy Class Application) is the reason for the DCOM errors. 

Best Regards

Michael

Feedback from support:

Hello Michael, 

Thank you for your email.

I am extremely sorry about the miscommunication.

I am checking with the team on what has to be done next. Please allow me some more time and will get back to you as soon as I get update.

Please feel free to get back to us should you have any further questions. I look forward to your response. 

Now I'm waiting....

Attachment Size
496100-166577.JPG 409.78 KB
Forum Member

Michael Wolf wrote:
Vitaliy Stelmakov wrote:
Michael Wolf wrote:

Unbelievable! I pointed  to this forum thread. Additionally I sent an Acronis System Report. The feedback was that they could not find any problems with Acronis. In other words. Acronis is not the reason for the DCOM messages in my System log!  Ok. Last try. I sent the attached snapshot with the following comment:

Hello XXX,

I'm supprised about you result/conclusion. Maybe I can help you. Attached you will find a snapshot which shows clearly that Acronis (e.g. TIManagersProxy Class Application) is the reason for the DCOM errors. 

Best Regards

Michael

Feedback from support:

Hello Michael, 

Thank you for your email.

I am extremely sorry about the miscommunication.

I am checking with the team on what has to be done next. Please allow me some more time and will get back to you as soon as I get update.

Please feel free to get back to us should you have any further questions. I look forward to your response. 

Now I'm waiting....

Yeah...

Forum Moderator

Vitaliy Stelmakov wrote:  
Thank you Steve for participating, I wrote to tech support on this problem message, don't know if it helps. I've been trying to solve this for quite some time. Two years ago, they told me they were working on it. But still the problem is present. 

Vitaliy. 

just following up - was your issue resolved in the support ticket? Could you please share the outcome and the solution applied.  

Forum Member

Ekaterina wrote:
Vitaliy Stelmakov wrote:  

Vitaliy. 

just following up - was your issue resolved in the support ticket? Could you please share the outcome and the solution applied.  

The problem is not solved yet, asked for remote access to the PC, when you first connect the problem is not found, then offered to try this solution which did not help. Now forgive another remote session to find the problem.

Forum Member

Ekaterina wrote:
Vitaliy Stelmakov wrote:  

Vitaliy. 

The problem was not solved, asked for remote access to the PC, when you first connect the problem could not be fixed, then offered to try this solution https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/187146/dcom-clients-cannot-cre… which did not help. Now forgive another remote session to find the problem.

Beginner
Comments: 1

2019 Build 17750 - same issue.
I do not think opening a ticket will help as an issue is a long standing one.
Looking for another backup software..

Forum Member

Dmitriy Fitisov wrote:

2019 Build 17750 - same issue.
I do not think opening a ticket will help as an issue is a long standing one.
Looking for another backup software..

Здравствуйте Дмитрий, мне помог этот способ

Beginner

Hi!

9th June 2019 - Same issue here: 

Acronis True Image 2019, Build 17750

Screenshot attached.

In my case, it eventually makes Windows completely UNRESPONSIVE and only option is either to restart by hard pressing the start key or to wait for a Windows 10 BSD to appear.

Any resolution/patch yet to finally get rid of this problem?

Thanks

Pranabesh

Forum Moderator

PRANABESH DAS wrote:

In my case, it eventually makes Windows completely UNRESPONSIVE and only option is either to restart by hard pressing the start key or to wait for a Windows 10 BSD to appear.

Hi! You may want trying to apply solution shared by Vitaliy 

1. Open the folder  C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Acronis \ TrueImageHome \.
2. Find the ti_managers_proxy.dll file there
3. Right-click on it, open “Properties”, then open the “Security” tab and add the current user there and grant all permission to this user

If the issue still persist, please contact Acronis support, so that our engineers can analyse the diagnostic information from your system and find the solution. 

Beginner

Ekaterina wrote:
PRANABESH DAS wrote:

Hi! You may want trying to apply solution shared by Vitaliy 

1. Open the folder  C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Acronis \ TrueImageHome \.
2. Find the ti_managers_proxy.dll file there
3. Right-click on it, open “Properties”, then open the “Security” tab and add the current user there and grant all permission to this user

If the issue still persist, please contact Acronis support, so that our engineers can analyse the diagnostic information from your system and find the solution. 

Thanks! So far, it looks like solved the problem.

Thank you.

Forum Moderator

Great, thank you for sharing the feedback\update on the issue!

Beginner

Found this forum through a web search.

I have 2020 and can assure all that I see the same problem!

I will try the security trick on this DLL in the meantime.

However won't engage here as it seems this has been rumbling along for many years. :(  

Beginner
Comments: 5

Based on a solution to a similar DCOM problem posted in a Microsoft support forum, I did the following which finally stopped these event log messages for me (note that I do not use cloud) on 2 laptops running Acronis True Image 2020 build 25700 under Windows 10 Pro x64 v1909 (recently upgraded to 2004):

From an Administrator account:
1.  select Windows Administrative Tools
2.  select Component Services
3.  double click Computers
4.  double click My Computer
5.  double click DCOM Config
6.  right click TIManagersProxy Class Application
7.  select Properties
8.  select Location
9.  click "Run application on the following computer" and set to your computer name
10. click Apply
11. select Identity
12. click "This User" and set to your User profile and password
13. click OK
14. reboot

Beginner

Hi Joseph,
thank you for your solution. This works fine for me. (Win 10, 1909 using cloud, ATI 2020 25700)
@Acronis support: shame on you!
regards stefan

Beginner
Comments: 5

Hi Stefan,

I'm glad to know the solution I posted works for you too!

Best Regards, Joe Sillup

Beginner

Interestingly, users of the current SEAGATE WIZARD utility, that ALSO contains a sub-set of Acronis backup functionality, and the same set of Acronis ti_manager* DLL modules, suffers from the SAME issue. Luckily, it seems easy to fix (for a techie), using the information provided here (to just add the current user full permission rights on the ti_manager_proxy.dll - and possibly on the 2 others just in case, for other possible premission issues trying to do its work).