Skip to main content

How to disable ALL Acronis antivirus services

Thread needs solution
Regular Poster
Comments: 120

J. Legierse wrote:

Not twice the price, I am tacccccccclking about and working with the free version !

Beginner
Comments: 1

Like a lot of other commenters here, I bought a new version of True Image ONLY FOR BACKUPS, especially of Microsoft Storage Spaces, which my previous version didn't handle. I use it for nothing else, and I don't want to use it for anything else. I don't want any services whatever, associated with True Image, running when I'm not actively using the software; but, although I only use the program for backups and nothing else, there are currently ten Acronis services clogging up my computer!

So I plan to start installing the program twice a week, making my backups, then uninstalling it when I'm finished. I have an emergency recovery drive, of course.

Does anyone foresee a problem related to this strategy?

Thanks

Beginner
Comments: 11

Hi Daniel.

Currently the public beta is running for the new version of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office that finally splits the components and allows you to install the backup module only, without any of the other services.

You can participate here: https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/home-office/beta/download/

Regards,
Alexandre

BJB
Forum Member
Comments: 33

@DanielHuth,

I had similar sentiments as you when I started using acronis Cyber Protect Home.

I ended up just turning off the anti-virus and living with the services running.  As long as your PC is reasonably equipped you shouldn't notice it.

That being said the antivirus services should not be running just for backup. Great to hear they are being split up. Assume that will require an uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks,

BJBBJB 

Beginner
Comments: 9

AlexV wrote:

Hi Daniel.

Currently the public beta is running for the new version of Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office that finally splits the components and allows you to install the backup module only, without any of the other services.

You can participate here: https://www.acronis.com/en-us/products/home-office/beta/download/

Regards,
Alexandre

Alex, 

Is this beta still active and can we still completely disable Cyber Protect 100%? What is the name of the replacement for True Image that has zero Cyber protect built into it now?

Mickey

PS: What ever happened to my 

Acronis True Image 2017

PERPETUAL LICENSE

Does perpetual mean something else over at Acronis? I was just charged for a yearly subscription to a 2021 True Image copy which isn't really too perpetual? Can I have my perpetual license back? Doesn't anyone think you should stop trying to foist new products that we didn't pay for or want on the users of True Image? It's hard to imagine that someone didn't notice what a bad idea this is.