Direkt zum Inhalt

Acronis bootable media cannot access external drive

Thread needs solution
Regular Poster
Kommentare: 199

Acronis Bootable Media ceased being able to read the external HD (3TB Fantom drive) where I used to store my Windows 10 backups. The bootable media works fine, since it continues reading other drives and the backups stored in them, but not with this particular drive. It was working fine until a few days ago.

I am attaching a few pictures of the screens I get while trying to create a new backup or to access the backup files already stored in it. I hope someone can help me identify the issue and kindly provide some guidance on how to correct it. I'm using bootable media for ATI-2017.

Many thanks for all help provided.

LinYu2

Anhang Größe
Pic 01.GIF 439.26 KB
Pic-02.GIF 128.91 KB
Pic-03.GIF 156.3 KB
Pic-04.GIF 109.24 KB
Pic-05.GIF 133 KB
1 Users found this helpful
Legend
Kommentare: 27545

LinYu2, your screen images show you are attempting to backup to your U: drive but they also show that that disk drive does not have a recognised filesystem such as NTFS?

The filesystem shows as 'None' which suggests a problem with the partition table or formatting for this drive.

You may need to use partition recovery software if the drive holds data that you want to keep, otherwise, the drive needs to be formatted correctly.

Regular Poster

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your prompt response. Not being much versed on computer knowledge, I do have a gut feeling that the problem, whatever it may be, stems from where you're pointing to... But I neglected to include two other pieces of information that may help pinpoint the source.

One is that Windows seems to encounter no issue with the drive. I can access it and see what is stored in it, manually delete files or add new ones to it, no problem. I also did a Quick Format and a Full Format and the result remained the same. I also forgot to include a picture of what Disk Management shows. I hope that these may provide you some hint for what the cause might be.

LinYu 

Anhang Größe
563059-209154.GIF 335.59 KB
Regular Poster

LinYu wrote:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your prompt response. Not being much versed on computer knowledge, I do have a gut feeling that the problem, whatever it may be, stems from where you're pointing to... But I neglected to include two other pieces of information that may help pinpoint the source.

One is that Windows seems to encounter no issue with the drive. I can access it and see what is stored in it, manually delete files or add new ones to it, no problem. I also did a Quick Format and a Full Format and the result remained the same. I also forgot to include a picture of what Disk Management shows. I hope that these may provide you some hint for what the cause might be.

LinYu 

PS: I pressed the solved button by mistake... 

Legend
Kommentare: 27545

LinYu, the difference in information being shown by Acronis and Windows is puzzling and strange!

If you have not already done so, then please do a Windows restart and see if anything is shown differently for this one U: drive?

If the issue remains then the next suggestion is to try using the Acronis > Tools > Add new disk option to reinitialise the U: drive as GPT and create a single NTFS partition for it.  Then test with Acronis again.