Direkt zum Inhalt

Format and install Windows 10 Pro

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Kommentare: 13

I'm able to recover, Acronis DOS version, showing the 4 choices. I have a backup of the C drive, an operating system which is a tif file. When I use it I don't know how to have it format, clean install.

Bob

0 Users found this helpful
Regular Poster
Kommentare: 125

Do you mean tib file?

Not sure that I follow the question. What does this mean?

I'm able to recover, Acronis DOS version, showing the 4 choices.

Acronis isn't designed for clean installs of Windows. It is there to rescue you when your dirty version goes wrong, after you have messed it up with more software and data.

In reply to by Michael Kenward

Beginner

I have an Acronis backup file. I want to format my C drive before I install my backup, operating system. I figure my operating system would be my Acronis Backup.

Bob

Legend
Kommentare: 22824

Bob, if you are going to do a disk & partition recovery using your Acronis Rescue media to boot your computer, then the target drive / partitions will be wiped as part of that recovery.

Please see document ATIH 2017 Disk Restore.PDF which shows an example of doing such a disk restore.

Beginner

Thank you very much, Steve. In all the years that I've used Acronis, this is the first usable backup of my operating system. No blame can be put on Acronis. It was totally my own lack of knowledge, which you have resolved for me.

Until next time
Bob