Direkt zum Inhalt

TI 2014 Home: How to stop it from creating folders for all my backups on new backup drive?

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Kommentare: 8

How can I stop TIH 2014 from creating empty folders at startup for all my backup jobs on every new backup drive I attach?
I rotate my backups between 5 portable USB drives. Disks 1 - 5.
When I create a new backup with Acronis I give it a name like Laptop_Disk 1, or Laptop_Disk 2, etc.
So I have 5 backup jobs listed in my Acronis "home page" and I run whichever one corresponds to the portable drive attached.
But every time I attach one of the portable drives and start up TIH, Acronis creates a folder on the drive for ALL my backups I have ever done, so every one of my disks now has a folder for all my backups; I keep deleting the empty ones, but they get automatically created again. All I want on each backup drive is just the folder for that backup, eg., DISK 1 should only have a folder called Laptop_Disk_1. How can I stop Acronis from always creating all the folders at startup on any new drive? This is a constant source of irritation.

(My example is a simplification; in fact I rotate disks round robin through multiple computers, so in fact I end up with something like 20 empty folders on each disk for all my backups on all my computers....)

I am hoping there is a simple setting somewhere to stop this behavior...

Thanks much

0 Users found this helpful
Legend
Kommentare: 11125

This problem has been reported before with no recent solution that I am aware of.

You can try disabling the Scan for Backups at Start and let us know if that helps.
This link shows how to disable the scan.
The scan is enabled when the check mark is dark blue.
the scan is disabled when the check mark is white or very light.
http://forum.acronis.com/system/files/forum/2009/11/5940/2014-scan-at-startup.jpg

Beginner
Kommentare: 8

Grover,

Thanks for your reply. The "Scan for Backups" has always been disabled for me; unfortunately that does not seem to have any effect on the problem behavior. Glad to know someone else has reported it as well, and it is just not me. Very frustrating behavior. It really should only create a folder on the backup hard drive when the backup is run..

Beginner
Kommentare: 2

I have Acronis Backup 11.7 with the same problem. The link listed above does not open. Please help!!! My co-workers are getting annoyed every time I plug in their flash drive to exchange files, my Acronis creates backup folders on them... very annoying!

Please help!

Forum Moderator
Kommentare: 4545

Jean Harter wrote:

I have Acronis Backup 11.7 with the same problem. The link listed above does not open. Please help!!! My co-workers are getting annoyed every time I plug in their flash drive to exchange files, my Acronis creates backup folders on them... very annoying!

Please help!

Hello Jean, 
you may want to assign a different letter to the backup storage, so that it couldn't be confused with the attached drives.

Beginner
Kommentare: 2

Wow, that's an excellent idea! Thank you so much!!!

Forum Moderator
Kommentare: 4545

You are welcome! Hope this helps