Direkt zum Inhalt

True Image 2021 and Big Sur - Kernel Extensions for Protection?

Thread needs solution
Beginner
Kommentare: 0

I recently upgraded my MBP 16" to Big Sur.  After doing so, True Image 2021 is suggesting that I install Kernel extensions to enable the "Protection" features.

Unfortunately, I've only ever seen a macOS error saying that Kernel extension must be updated by the developer in order to use them.

As such, I can't enable the protection features on my Mac. 

Should this be supported?

1 Users found this helpful
Beginner
Kommentare: 6

I am getting the same warning ..... Was there a resolution?

Forum Moderator
Kommentare: 6538

Hello Everyone,

granting full disk access as per https://kb.acronis.com/content/61832 should be enough for the application to run. If after following the article you still see the warning 'To get full protection, load kernel extension first', please open a support ticket, so that our engineers can help.

Beginner
Kommentare: 1

I just installed Acronis True Image 2021 (v 25.6.39176) and keep getting the kernel extension message. Every time I try to resolve it, it doesn't take. (I can check Acronis International GmbH through System Preferences > Security & Privacy and choosing Details... in the General tab, but nothing happens, and when I return to the window, it shows Acronis unchecked.) The title of the linked Knowledge Base article (61832) above refers to Mojave, not Big Sur. I'm running v11.2.3. Are the instructions the same as for Mojave?

Forum Moderator

Hello Nathan,

any chance your Mac has Apple M1 chip? You can check per instructions from https://kb.acronis.com/content/67868  Unfortunately, the current versions of Acronis True Image do not support devices with Apple M1 chip.

Forum Moderator

UPD: Acronis True Image 2021 now supports Macs running on Apple silicon processor starting from Update 5 (Build 39229).