128387: Cannot change Mobile Backup Location

7 replies [Last post]
Geoffrey Bates
Beginner

I want to change the location from C:\ProgramData\Acronis Mobile Backup Data to a mdirectory on my internal D: drive.

I hit the change button, navigate to where I want them, click OK button and nothing changes  I don't see and OK or Apply button on the main Settings screen.

Slava
Slava's picture
Support Analyst

Hello Geoffrey,

We do not have this issue in our records yet. If you submit a support ticket, we could investigate it and help you.

Alternatively, you can try re-installing and re-configuring the software from scratch.

Regards,

Slava

doug dempsey
Beginner

I have the same issue. I am trying to backup an iPhone to an external and it will not let me.

Steve Smith
Steve Smith's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Doug, I would recommend as per Slava's update and open a support case for this issue with reference to this forum topic.  Posting some screen shots of the panels where you are trying to change the Mobile Backup location and how this shows on your system may also be helpful in understanding the issue you are seeing.

When you say "to an external" - what exactly does this mean?  An external USB drive, a Network drive?

Products: ATIH 9.0 - 11.0, 2009 - 2017
System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10; (Desktops & Laptops); Dell, Lenovo, Home build;
doug dempsey
Beginner

This is disappointing. I am forced to use Cloud. It will not allow moving to a external even after following directions. Acronis used to be awesome.

doug dempsey
Beginner

Yes to both an attached external and network drive both. It says not enough storage soace. It has over 3 TB.

Steve Smith
Steve Smith's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Doug, I have just tested this for myself and was able to move the Mobile Backup location to an external USB drive with no issue.  I first did this with ATIH 2017 build 5554 but today did it again with build 6116 (New Generation) and no issues on both occasions.

It sounds as if your ATIH 2017 installation may have a problem but suggest working with Acronis via a Support Case before taking any actions to reinstall etc.

System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10; (Desktops & Laptops); Dell, Lenovo, Home build;
Steve Smith
Steve Smith's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Doug, Geoffrey, if you are still seeing this problem then please make sure that you have both of the Acronis Mobile Backup services enabled and running, as this was the cause of the same issue for another user reported in the 2017 forum, where the location could not be changed if the Mobile Backup services were not running.