128690: No reboot after recovery

3 replies [Last post]
Zsanett Pal
Beginner

Hello, 

when I recover an Acronis Image to an external SSD or an USB Flash Drive, Acronis wants to reboot my system. 

Do anybody know, how I can suppress this? Because if I click on cancel, the whole recovery will canceld... 

Thank you

Steve Smith
Steve Smith's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Zsanett Pal, welcome to these user forums.

What type of backup are you trying to recover / restore to your external SSD or USB Flash Drive?

If this is an OS backup, then Acronis will want to reboot because this type of recovery is done in that way in the assumption that you will want to boot from the restored / recovered drive.

The best way to do this type of recovery is to use the Acronis bootable Rescue Media so that you are starting this from completely outside of Windows, then no further boot is needed.

Products: ATIH 9.0 - 11.0, 2009 - 2017
System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10; (Desktops & Laptops); Dell, Lenovo, Home build;
Zsanett Pal
Beginner

Hello Steve, 

thank you for your answer. 

Yes, it would make sense if Acronis want every time a reboot. But I have some other OS Images which I want to restore and not have to reboot. 

Do you have an idea what could be the problem and how I can work around?

Thank You

Steve Smith
Steve Smith's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

It is possible to do a restore of an OS image without having to reboot the system provided that the OS image is not from the same system where the restore is being performed and the target is an external drive.

I have just tested this by restoring an OS image of another computer from my NAS to an external USB drive attached to one of my systems, doing it all from within the ATIH 2017 GUI.  See attached screen shots.

AttachmentSize
atih_2017_recovery_1.png 22.29 KB
atih_2017_recovery_2.png 17.91 KB
atih_2017_recovery_3.png 25.84 KB
atih_2017_recovery_4.png 21.32 KB
Products: ATIH 9.0 - 11.0, 2009 - 2017
System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10; (Desktops & Laptops); Dell, Lenovo, Home build;