129100: Swopping volumes

2 replies [Last post]
The fisherman
Beginner

Can the system handle alternating incremental storage, i.e. I would like to use two USB-disks ("odd" and "even" - as per day of year). Full backup can't be a problem, but what about incremental? I already have a third unit running GFS as a powerdown/erroneous delete/you-name-it.

Products: Acronis Backup 11.7
System: Windows 8.1 (x64); AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8 core), 32 GB; 500 GB SSD
Ekaterina Surkova
Ekaterina Surkova's picture
Forum Administrator

Hi,

Please refer to the article Backing Up to Removable Devices with Regular Drive Swaps, which gives information on how to configure backup to swapped drives. 

Ekaterina Surkova | Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software | For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials. | Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support. | Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

The fisherman
Beginner

Thanks - it will be helpful, when I have issues like "Make sure Agent for Windows is installed on the machine to be backed up. " figured out!

Products: Acronis Backup 11.7
System: Windows 8.1 (x64); AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8 core), 32 GB; 500 GB SSD