129103: Backup/Restore ALL VM's from the Host

1 reply [Last post]
Jean Houle
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently using Acronis Backup Advanced 11.7. What I am looking for is the best option to backup and restore ALL of the VM's directly from the VM host. Can I do this with 11.7? If yes, how do I do this?

Thank you in adavance for your help!

Vasily
Vasily's picture
Senior Program Manager, Acronis Backup

Hi Jean,

The answer mostly depends on which virtualization platform you use. For example if you run VMs on Hyper-V then you can backup both the Hyper-V host AND the VMs running on it using Acronis Backup 11.7 Advanced (Agent for Windows + Agent for Hyper-V installed on host, configure backup for host and for VMs separately). If you have vSphere environment then you can also back up all VMs in a single backup plan after deploying "Agent for VMware (virtual appliance)" or configuring "Agent for VMware (Windows)" - agent-less VM backup is fully supported by Acronis Backup 11.7 Advanced.

P.S. You can also check the following chapter in the documentation describing the possibilities of hypervisor-level (agent-less) VM backup: http://www.acronis.com/en-us/support/documentation/AcronisBackup_11.7/index.html#12508.html

Thank you.

Best regards,
Vasily
Acronis Virtualization Program Manager

Information provided AS-IS with no warranty of any kind.