14422: Acronis Loader will not load

7 replies [Last post]
Matthew Trotta
Beginner

I am trying to restore using the boot disk and Acronis Loader hangs. It says Loading ... but never goes further. I tried old version 10, 2010, and new 2011 boot disks. What could be the problem?

Also when I try to restore from within the program all is well but when Acronis 2011 reboots to begin the restore the same thing happens it hangs on Starting Acronis loader...

I was able to do a clone but that's not what i want to do right now.

Thanks
Matt

Larry Broy
Beginner

I bougjht the Acronis True Image 9 earlier this year and it would not load. It started and then gave me an error message and said windows would have to close. I sent in e-mails to the Acronis support people and was told they would respond to me but they never did. I see on the Acronis Web site that this Version is out of date and not supported but I was not told that when I bought it and when I registered it. Have any of you had a problem like this that you could resolve to get this software working. For $ 50 I think the software out of the box should work and that at least someone should send me an e mail to let met know how to correct it or to offer me a free upgrade. I am now in agreement with the other users of the Acronis products,they do not work and they have no support. I have written my State Attorney General about this since it is the second product of theirs that did not work.

Matthew Trotta
Beginner

Larry up until upgrading to 2011 I never had any problems. I always trusted that i had a backup to go to in case of disaster. I still have confidence in Acronis and hoping someone can get me through this boot loader problem. Im not sure if the problem is on my end of maybe there is a bug in the new version. I am now downloading the boot media from the website and will try that. If not I will be back here looking for a solution.

Leo Britto
Beginner

Any progress guys? I am having the same issue with True Image 11 and also True Image 2011!

Torsten Hoff
Forum Member

I had this problem on a Lenovo T60 laptop, the fix was to disable USB legacy support in the BIOS. Unfortunately this meant that I had to boot from a CD, since I prefer using a thumb drive. Please note that disabling USB legacy support does NOT prevent you from backing up to a USB device, you just won't be able to boot from one.

Leo Britto
Beginner

Hi Torsten,

I disabled USB legacy and it actually hung up the loading process. Before I was capable of using ctrl-alt-delete to reboot and this time it just stayed there not doing a thing with that annoying "Starting Acronis Loader" message on the screen.

I am downloading the bootCD to give it a shot.

Any other ideas?

Thank you for your fast response!

Leo Britto
Beginner

BootCD from Acronis website solved my problem.

Thank you all for your time.

MudCrab
MudCrab's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

The downloaded ISO version is the first thing to try since it uses a different loader.

You can try changing other BIOS settings. For example, change the drive controller mode (IDE Compatible/AHCI). Just change it back before booting into Windows. I think certain Video RAM amounts (for on-board video) caused problems on some computers too.

Sometimes there can be differences between how TI boots depending on whether the computer was warm-booted or cold-booted. So you could try doing a shutdown and then booting to the CD and also a reboot directly from Windows to the CD.

MudCrab's Website

Drive Notify ~ Schedule your backups without being required to keep your backup drive connected.