16446: Acronis True Image Home 2010: Updating to Build 7046 does not work ?

9 replies [Last post]
Andreas
Beginner

Hello,

Acronis True Image Home 2010: Updating to Build 7046 does not work on my Windows 7 system.
The installation stop and I have to start the update again, but the problem is still there. Many people have this issue, what shall I do ? I am from Germany my english is not the best, sorry !

best regards - Andreas

Colin B
Colin B's picture
Acronis MVP Volunteer
MVP

Andreas,

What is the error message?

As you are using Windows 7 could you post a snip shot?

Colin

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 + XP Pro SP3 32 bit + Vista Ult 64bit + Server 2008 R2, SBS2011. Testing Environment VirtualBox VM.
TI Lite:3029, TI2014:6614, ABR11.5A WRKST Adv:37975, DD11 Advanced WRK:12603, vmProtect 7.0:5173, SnapDeploy 4

On a clear disk you can seek forever

Andreas
Beginner

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your help. I try to translate from my Win7 system; I have screen shots as well, but they are in German.

1. I start TrueImage2010.7046_s_de.exe
2. Installation in preparation
3. The Inst. will be repaired o updated - click next
4. Instal. of Acronis True Image Home - please wait
5. The following application use files the installer would like to update : Windows-Explorer (Process iD: 3736). Press cont. to advise the Installer to replace the files after reboot.
6. Acronis True Image Home will be inst. pleas wait ...
7. During the inst. "Microsoft VC80.CRT, publicKeyToken="### Hex data ###" type win32, version="8.0.50727.762" processorArchitecture="x86" an error occurred. More info an help can be find under support.
8. The inst. went backwards an stop with the text ...
The inst. was stopped, you have to try again.

This steps can be reproduced. What shall I do next ?

Andreas

Andreas
Beginner

PS :
- I just tried it again, right after a new restart of the computer
- I have admin rights, - it does not work

Yana
Forum Star

Hello Andreas and Colin!

Thank you for your comments!

Colin, thank you for your assistance!

Andreas, thank you very much for the information provided. According the specified
"Microsoft VC80.CRT, publicKeyToken="### Hex data ###" type win32, version="8.0.50727.762"
This is an issue with your Windows operating system which is unable to install the redistributable components of C Runtime. For example, installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (or similar) will fail in the same way.

To fix the issue, please run Windows System File Checker:

(!) You will need to have Windows Installation Disc to run the utility:

1. Hit Start-Run and type in cmd
  2. In the command line, issue the following command:

sfc.exe /scannow

This will check the system for corruption and repair the corrupted system files from the Windows Installation Disc.

If the issue persists, please contact Microsoft Support since this is a Windows issue and may result in difficulties with installation of other applications as well.

Please find more details in this KB article.

Should you need anything else or have any further questions - feel free to contact us at your earliest convenience, we will be happy to help you!

Thank you!

Andreas
Beginner

Hi all,

thank you for all the help about the issue, but nothing changed at all. (sfc.exe /scannow does not report any problems in my system).
I still get the message : "During the inst. "Microsoft VC80.CRT, publicKeyToken="### Hex data ###" type win32, version="8.0.50727.762" processorArchitecture="x86" an error occurred." - Well I did not contact MS, it looks like a problem many people have here !
I also deinstalled all Microsoft Visual C++ parts from my computer I never used, made a reboot, lockin as admin, ...
Acronis True Image Home 2010: Updating to Build 7046 does not work on my system any how !?

And here is my new question : Do you think, this issue can be solved when I change from Acronis True Image Home 2010 to 2011 edition ?

Please le me know - Andreas

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for replying. Please let me assist you.

Let us try one more thing. Please check this article and run the system file checker (sfc.exe) offline.

Most likely the installation of Acronis True Image 2011 Home will fail with the same error, but you can always try just in case, the trial version is available here.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

Acronis Customer Central | Acronis Backup Software

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Andreas
Beginner

Hello Anton,

Thank you for assisting me on this issue !
- I took my Win7 DVD and boot from it
- I went through all the steps in detail and scan my system with sfs in a “cmd box “
- No violation are found in my system setup !
- Then I download the ATIH 20011 trial version ...
- During the inst. I got the same Error as usual: “Microsoft VC80.CRT, publicKeyToken=”1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b”,type=”win32”,version=”8.050….”

Well it seems this is not a solution for me, even the upgrade to the 2011 version does not work fine for me :(

Is there any thing I can do next?

Anton
Anton's picture
Forum Star

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for replying.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience but at this moment the best way to resolve this issue would be to contact Microsoft support, since we have tried all possible solutions available to us.

Should you need additional assistance please let me know.

Thank you.

Anton Deev

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials.

Check our Corporate and Consumer Handbooks and Online Documentation for help on managing your account, products and support.

Our mission is to create Customer success. Our management team welcomes your comments and suggestions on how we can improve the overall support we provide to you. Please send your comments, suggestions, or concerns to Managers or submit your feedback here.

Andrey Zarubin
Andrey Zarubin's picture
Acronis Quality and Training Manager (ex-Forum Team Manager)

Hello Andreas,

Before you reach MS Support you can try one more thing to troubleshoot an issue.

The KB article on MS support site suggests to collect log of file checker tool and that will help to identify system files that could not be replaced with the tool. Once the files are identified you'll be able to replace them manually.

This does not look very complicated, however you'll need to have basic skills of working with command prompt to fix the corrupted files.

Please check out this MS KB article for details and example for manual troubleshooting.

Example is available in "More information" section after the following line:

"To determine which files could not be repaired by the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:"

Feel free to get back to us should you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Andrey.

Acronis ex-Forum Team Manager

For more answers to your questions, try our Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials